Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is to make good the claim that i haven't forgotten my "roots"! see, i DO have other rifles than the swiss :wink:
this was the sad 1893 project, it need TLC and a home, the barrel was from an old washington st gunsmith, the main parts from you~know~who, the wood from down texas way, and odds and ends from here and there!
the barrel is marked "smokeless" but with a chamber and slugged barrel of .380", will not shoot lead, well that is. i shoot a barnes or d.deering custom, and she will do 1-1/2"(with my new glasses on!). i someday will get a marlin front sight, but it's a nice picture w/what i have.
this rifle, although not original, feels so good against the shoulder! :wink:
so there! All the nay~sayers recant!!!!! i DO have marlins still! :wink:
(i just put swed and swiss rifles beside them to make them shoot better) :D [/img]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice job on the '93.....looks like it will last you awhile. Hmmmm.....if you put a Swiss buttplate on it, do you think it will shoot 1/2" groups? :D

max

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hummmm.....

I have heard that SOME people think "shutzen" buttplate makes the bullets travel faster and with more accuracy :wink:
but then again......i think it would have to be a metric caliber! :p

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Do they make "Swedish" buttplates? :wink:
Nice work on the 1893. I'm glad you put the parts to good use. I would have had them sitting around here forever!
Marlin should take a very close look at your gun. If they made a brand new one that looked like that, they'd sell thousands of them!
And I still have Marlins without funny buttplates too!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the compliments!

:lol:
i put a "sissy" buttplate on, the sharp corners of the creasent sometimes "gig" me!

:D [/img]

nice 22's mm93........or are they 32's?/can't tell.........

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Now if you have a BIG plate of spagetti or lasagna, it will shoot REALLY well!! :D :wink: Pizza, too! Anything Italian will work!! :wink: SW

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hhmm.........

and i wonder if the swiss ever thought of "gain twist" rifling????????? :shock: :p

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Of course they did! :lol:
Two of them are .22's, and one is a .32.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Gain Twist? Heck, yeah! I know what that is! Ya get 'em at the bakery - lots of cinnamon & icing! They're Italain, so if ya pound several of them down, your groups will shrink remarkably!! :D Ummm... not your waistline, though! :? That's why they're called GAIN twists. :shock: SW

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I like the maple frosted ones! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts