Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yes, good movie. I have often wondered who besides Jimmy Stuart could have possibly played the lead actor. He was the best actor ever plus a WW II veteran and active in the reserves. He lost a son in Viet Nam. Two more must see movies of his are Harvey and of course The Spirit of St. Louis.

Padraig

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Harvey is a favorite in this house:tee:

Yes, good movie. I have often wondered who besides Jimmy Stuart could have possibly played the lead actor. He was the best actor ever plus a WW II veteran and active in the reserves. He lost a son in Viet Nam. Two more must see movies of his are Harvey and of course The Spirit of St. Louis.

Padraig

·
Registered
982 Posts
Alastair Sim in "A Christmas Carol" (or "Scrooge"--title seems to vary). All-time Christmas Classic! B/W--not "colorized.."

Tim

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You know when I was a kid,as far back as I can remember every Christmas the grown ups would set us kids down in front of the TV to watch 'The Wizard of Oz', a 1939 classic, while they would gather up to visit with each other at the kichen table.Every year,year after year it was The Wizard of Oz,The Wizard of Oz.I got sick of 'The Wizard of Oz'.I never could figure out that part in the movie about the horse of a different color until years later when I learned that the movie was actually made in color.I had to watch it one more time to see what I had missed out on by watching it on black and white TV........Nope,I still hate that movie.Wizard of Oz,Wizard of Oz yeeck.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Alastair Sim in "A Christmas Carol" (or "Scrooge"--title seems to vary). All-time Christmas Classic! B/W--not "colorized.."

Tim
Alastair Sim was the best Scrooge. At the end of the movie, after he reveals his reformed self to Bob Crachit, can't get back to work because he's so happy. "I don't deserve to be so happy!" he says, with a mixture of laughing and crying for joy. As for "It's a Wonderful Life", these two are my all-time favorite Christmas movies.

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
I always liked Miricale on 34 th street.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts