Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just as accurate as my daughters ruger 10/22 that cost $100 more than what I paid for my marlin. I'm not knocking the 10/22 cause I love shooting hers. But for $150 the marlin is a sweet gun.

This was at 25 yards, with a 25rd promag. The couple of fliers was the shooter (me) not the gun.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399816934.976386.jpg

Here it is with my daughters ruger

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399816972.760843.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
The advantage of the 10/22 is all of the accessories that can be had. My first gun is a Ruger 10/22 Walmart Special from 1986 scoped with a 2-7 x 32 Nikon Prostaff. I also have a Marlin 795 I bought a few years ago and just installed Tech Sights. Out of the box you can't beat the 795 for accuracy, but after doing a few tweaks, My 10/22 shoots just as well. Until I changed the extractor on the Ruger, it was finicky on ejecting ammo. The Marlin had problems with mags. Both now shoot well and both go to the range with me every time I go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
image.jpg I never owned a ruger 10/22. I have a 1975 Glenfield marlin 60, 18 round tube fed, brand new marlin 795, or people call it remlin. No issues with either one. I have no reason to pay more for a ruger when the marlins are fine. The only way I would switch to ruger is if I really want to add extras, well more than I did to the pic below. Tech sights next on the list.
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I've used the Ramline on a 795 myself
Marlin 795 w/
Ramline model 70 folding stock,
Simmons Black Diamond scope w/see-thru rings,
Razor Sling,
Shooter's Ridge Bipod,
Marlin Adjustable Target rear sight...

rifles-012.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a couple 795s that I use at Appleseed. They are accurate little guns. One is very reliable, the other not so much and I have to do some more tweaking to get it to work well. The 795 is a best bang for the buck kind of rifle. I also have some 10/22s which I think are better quality but you pay more for it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine now wears a Badger stock..

Today I ran it hard thru its paces... 550 rounds (Complete Federal bulk box) I only had a couple FTF's, not gun related. One cartridge was ''funny'' and burst filling the action with debris. Shortly after I began to have some trigger return issues. I am sure a good ''hosing out'' will have it running like a Timex again!

CW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts