Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visitin family and gettin out of the cold of north central Pa. Of course had to get out to the lgs of the area. Went to one gun shop that I have done business with for 30 or so years, found a Marlin 1895 LTD on the shelf, looks new, has a tang site installed, half oct and half round. No original rear site. Now the best part....priced at $495.00. Had my wallet out and plunked down a deposit in a flash. Will pay it off when I get back from vacation (headin down to Tn for awhile. This place had several model 36's in beautiful condition plus a H&R model 686 with a 9 or 10 inch barrel in 22 mag that looked like new, beautiful cch and blue for only $249.00. Too many toys and too little money. :(

·
Registered
593 Posts
Olevern said:
Visitin family and gettin out of the cold of north central Pa. Of course had to get out to the lgs of the area. Went to one gun shop that I have done business with for 30 or so years, found a Marlin 1895 LTD on the shelf, looks new, has a tang site installed, half oct and half round. No original rear site. Now the best part....priced at $495.00. Had my wallet out and plunked down a deposit in a flash. Will pay it off when I get back from vacation (headin down to Tn for awhile. This place had several model 36's in beautiful condition plus a H&R model 686 with a 9 or 10 inch barrel in 22 mag that looked like new, beautiful cch and blue for only $249.00. Too many toys and too little money. :(
What part of TN are you coming to?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody hazard a guess as to value?

Anybody got any idea when this particular version of 1895 was built? It is marked "1895 LTD" on the barrel, which is a long (maybe 24") half oct, half round barrel. Blued gun. Oct part closer to the receiver, then transitions to round. Also, what would be approx. value in this market?

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Seems there's a few things on those in the cowboy section. They are nice, you got a very good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts