Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
well very pretty
but have to ask, was the water COLD, as I know trout like colder waters, or deep one's

very few ponds/small lakes like that up my way hold trout anymore, due to they are not deep enough and water gets too warm, and they die off, sad
as yrs back we had so many great places like that for trout fishing all yr!

but again thanks for posting the pic's
very pretty for sure!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Beautiful scenery! Always love that about fishing. Even if no fish, you get to spend the day in beautiful places. Catching something is icing on the cake :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
Pretty, which lake? Doesn't look like one I've been to....

Jeff

Reactions: SgtDog0311

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Very beautiful spot. Was watching a show last night on the spread of "snakehead" in the US. They said its thought they were deliberately introduced by aisians to supply the market(medicinal) instead of importing them. Bloody things eat everything in sight. Be a shame to see them get into a place like that. Only up side is they are good eating.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was cool enough y'all:)

Beautiful day though and God Sure does!!

Jeff, it's just below Bloom Lake East of El Mira. Can't drive in with all the Kelley-humps and gates nowadays but what a spot. Well worth the walk! Just got back to the cabin and bet I sleep pretty good tonight:)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
That would be a great place for a cabin with the lake out the front picture window. Looks like a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing with us.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Reactions: SgtDog0311

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
Thanks John! I've been to Bloom Lake several times. Good fishing, but getting crowded for such a small lake. Gates do well at keeping me out of places. Makes me hear banjos...LOL

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff, the word "gate" may create the wrong impression in this case. Forest Service 'crossbars' make me see red. They multiplied all around here and seem to keep growing in number all the time, reverse correlation with government's accountability. But we did get Grizzly, and six Caribou, in the bargain for our restricted access.

On a more cheerful note, I dove into Beaver Lake once at the end of April or the beginning of May. There was several feet of ice pack still melting around the West shore where the vertical granite formation protects it from the sun. I won't soon forget that sensation - the results of a challenge from my eldest son. We didn't swim far from the edge that time.

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
John, is that on the road that goes up around the west side of Bloom Lake? There is a gate there, also.

See ya in a couple weeks!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Jeff I'd guess it about a mile and a half below Bloom. I'd never been there before.

Have you ever been to Beaver Lake? This one has some small floating islands that consist of organic mat from eons of growth, I guess at one time from the bottom. Today though you can see clean under the little island you are fishing from. Gotta watch where you step though or you can get a boot full of water:)

Wish I had a picture of the little islands instead of me and my wife in it but this one is all that's on my iPhone.

image.jpg

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Nice pic's, lucky you.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Thanks John! I've been to Bloom Lake several times. Good fishing, but getting crowded for such a small lake. Gates do well at keeping me out of places. Makes me hear banjos...LOL

Jeff
LOL!

I am getting ready to watch 'DELIVERANCE' in a few minutes here. What a time to read this post!

Banjo Duel ^^^.

I watched THE RIVER WILD last night with MM. A lot of it was filmed where we go 'up north' and in other places out here as you know.

Cate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts