Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:questionmark:Where is all the 444 ammo. No 265grnfp no 225 ftx no xtp no rem240grn. Two local gun shops tell me its all on order and has been for over 4 mounths now.
So the reloading has come to a fullstop the only ones i can get are 265grnftx and they don't shoot in my 1in38 the uk is dry. Now they say its all over the pond
in the USA :questionmark:. So come on lads send some over here PLEASE.
All the best Fox man.
P.S. THIS BULLETS ONLY.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You need a lead pot and a mould. I bought some .223 FMJ bullets to make some ammo for my brother in law a few months ago and nearly fainted at the price. I cast for everything I shoot.

Reactions: Fox man.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
:questionmark:Where is all the 444 ammo. No 265grnfp no 225 ftx no xtp no rem240grn. Two local gun shops tell me its all on order and has been for over 4 mounths now.
So the reloading has come to a fullstop the only ones i can get are 265grnftx and they don't shoot in my 1in38 the uk is dry. Now they say its all over the pond
in the USA :questionmark:. So come on lads send some over here PLEASE.
All the best Fox man.
P.S. THIS BULLETS ONLY.
You haven't been keeping tabs on our difficulties sourcing bullets and ammunition for the last couple years, I'm guessing....?

The bullets and ammo aren't over here, unless you want to count old stock in all of our stashes.
.444 Marlin ammo and components are low priority for manufacturers, and right now they have huge backlogs on far more popular items. We can't get the stuff, either.

Cast some bullets. ....Or try to see what you can get from New Zealand. Last time I check with a few shops in NZ (about 7 months ago), there was still a little bit in stock.

·
Registered
20,530 Posts
Seems to be plenty of the Remington stuff down her on the shelves along with any of the other big boy cartridges and at roughly $2 a pop it probably will be!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
been seeing the Remington 240 gr at most Academy's in my travels ($38.99 box)

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Midway had LVR at 34 and another brand at 35, no corlokts tho

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Some months ago I had been shopping around for the supplies I needed to start reloading. With an experienced friend lined up with reloading equipment, I thought I would dive in. Then.........realty check. The high prices of supplies made it obvious it is better to buy factory ammo and save the brass for if/when the supply squeeze loosens up. I had come across 444 and 450 NIB Marlins that I was about to buy, but declined after I found that not only there was no factory ammo readily available, there was no reloading supplies either. Right now, I am happy I stayed with "popular" calibers. From what I can see, there is not a big difference in a 45-70 and the other calibers that are now among the missing.

Mike T.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I know a local Walmart in my neck of the woods in Ga. that has some 444 and 450 FTX ammo but no 45-70!!! They've had the 444 and 450 ammo I know for over a year! Might not be the same ammo, they might keep it in Stock for a VIP customer I dont know?

Reactions: swh and Fox man.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
You searched for:

theres some 265fn over here in the states, i don't know about over there.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I know a local Walmart in my neck of the woods in Ga. that has some 444 and 450 FTX ammo but no 45-70!!! They've had the 444 and 450 ammo I know for over a year! Might not be the same ammo, they might keep it in Stock for a VIP customer I dont know?
The local Walmart Sporting Goods Manager told me they NEVER have 45-70, its not on their inventory list. However, it is not vaporware, it is available at just about every LGS I shop, and at a number of on-line resellers. The 444 and 450 Marlins were discontinued, so that doesn't make for a good shot at getting ammo.

Mike T

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
I don't know if fox man really cares about ammo, according to his post: "in the USA :questionmark:. So come on lads send some over here PLEASE.
All the best Fox man.
P.S. THIS BULLETS ONLY."
Notice the red highlight? Mr fixit

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Anymore, When someone says they need bullets, I'm not sure if they need projectiles or cartridges. Apparently, some don't know the difference.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
MikwayUK has 265 FPs in stock. £56.95

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
My reply was to BAM BAM. I had Posted that 444 and 450 ammo had been discontinued, so getting factory ammo and supplies for reloading is pretty difficult. I know the OP was looking for supplies for reloading, he was not looking for factory ammo. With the prices I've seen on reloading supplies, its just not worth doing right now.

Mike T.

·
Registered
57 Posts
cva and h and r are now making single shots in 444, not sure about the 450 marlin except the browning blr, also their are some pistols in 444.
My reply was to BAM BAM. I had Posted that 444 and 450 ammo had been discontinued, so getting factory ammo and supplies for reloading is pretty difficult. I know the OP was looking for supplies for reloading, he was not looking for factory ammo. With the prices I've seen on reloading supplies, its just not worth doing right now.

Mike T.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
The point that I am making is that Marlin does not mfg 444 and 450 Marlin Rifles anymore. So ammunition mfg concentrate on what sells. Reloading supplies have gotten out of hand price wise, if you can find it. I stick with calibers that are common as dirt, its easier to find ammunition from a variety of supplliers. 30-30, 35 REM, and 45-70 lever guns fill my requirments for target and hunting. PA has woods, brush, and most of the shots available are 100 to 150 yards. That is prime distance with most lever guns. I had looked into a bolt action rifle for longer shots, but rifles I was interested in buying at auctions were sold beyond what I could afford.

Anyway, I stick with what I have and it works for me. I prefer buying factory ammo. Its reliable, accurate, and right now, less expensive than reloading.

Cheers!

Mike T.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts