Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,792 Posts
My neighbor down the dirt road from me works for Ellett Brothers, the big office over in Chapin, and he told me 35 Rem is hard to get from any manufacturer and what little they do get goes fast when they get it ... which my few LGSs support because they've all been trying to get more for me since August. I thought perhaps I could score some locally and spread the wealth on the MO but, so far at least, I've struck-out.

I wouldn't buy from Dicks even if they had 35 Rem. Not given the stunt they pulled after Sandy Hook.

· Registered
6,792 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's. Their CEO is a PIG and hates hunters. They will never get any of the little money I have to spend.

If I were a vindictive gun owner, I would wish Dick's would go bankrupt. Hmm.........

Mike T.
I must be a vindictive gun owner then, because that's exactly what I hope happens to Dick's.

Matter of fact, here's the rest of the story.

Their post-Sandy Hook decision so adversely affected their company and their bottom line, that they showed a 2.5-3% drop in sales from their previous year at the same time, and their numbers have continued to decline since. So-much-so that they scrambled to buy naming rights to "Field & Stream" so they could open an off-shoot store of Dick's up in the Pennsylvania/Ohio/Michigan region, (for starters), which does, in fact, sell modern sporting rifles. They are called Field & Stream stores and they don't want anyone to know they are owned by Dick's after Dick's made such a huge deal about ARs after Sandy Hook and put all those people out of jobs who they had contracted with the buy their ARs ... what was the name of that Company? Started with a T. Was it Troy Rifles that they caused to go bankrupt by reneging on their contract?

My Son and I, both avid golfers, have vowed to keep spreading the word about Dick's and about their off-shoot chain of golf stores as well, "Golf Galaxy." We used to buy a lot of ammo, clothes, golf equipment, etc., from Dick's, but we will no more as long as their current CEO is in charge.

Dick's is based outta Pittsburgh, and they definitely have some far leftist progressive views about our country and our Constitution and how things should work. They have a long history of negatively affecting sub-contractors who they agree to do business with, not only suppliers and vendors but those involved in building their stores, etc.

They are not an ethical company to do business with IMHO.

· Registered
6,792 Posts
Troy defense is still around as far as I know.And they make a damn good AR.It was just a low life thing that Dick's did to them.The people at Troy defense weren't even notified by Dick's.They were left to figure it out on their own.
Are they? That's good to know.

Matter of fact, since reading your post, I found more to what went down.

Troy Industries had to lay a ton of people off at the time, thanks to Dick's ... and they had to reorganize, not sure if under bankruptcy protection or not.

But here's the kicker. They have actually signed another deal, now with the Field & Stream outfit owned by Dick's, to once again make rifles for, in essence, Dick's.

Big business makes for strange bedfellows I suppose.

In the meantime, the hypocrisy of Dick's, and their CEO Edward Stack, (- who happens to be the son of Dick Stack who founded the company in 1948 -), their hypocrisy knows no boundaries evidently.

Dick?s to Open Field & Stream Gun Stores, Complete With AR-15 Rifles - The Firearm Blog

They make a big deal after Sandy Hook about evil black rifles, yank them off the shelves, take their time refunding money to customers, put hundreds of people out of work ... but now they sell them through one of their subsidiaries and they are hoping no one notices or connects them to Dick's.

Dick's Sporting Goods subsidiaries:

Golf Galaxy, Inc.
Golfworks
Field & Stream
True Runner
Blue Sombrero

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.