Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at this scope for my model 60! It's at a good price point! I do have a budget, so I don't wont to spend to much! I was wondering what the opinion on this scope is! Best place to ask this question, is with all the experts on this site!

Thanks, Mike!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Dang fine scope! I have one on a Henry. You will like it!

DR

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your fast reply! Here in Canada they run about $170.00! Best price I've found! Well worth it! Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I have 2 of these scopes. Highly recommend them.

Reactions: drinva

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been considering one of these myself. I have a Simmons on mine now, and it will shoot fine, but the adjustments seem a little mushy. Sometimes when I try to move the cross hair, it will click, but then the impact won't change. I'll pay attention to see what others say about the Nikon. I've also considered the Nikon 2-7 with the MOA reticle. I use this 60 strictly as a target rifle, and thought this may let me shoot out to the maximum distance at my local range of 200 yards. Of course, the BDC would do that too.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I have one on my air rifle. Good scope. Mine has small circles under the crosshair and they work okay. Kind of feels like you are using a peep site. I have used it a lot and no problems.
V

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Great scope for the price. Very clear and looks good too.
cz 455 22LR - Copy.JPG

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've put 4 Nikon pro Staff 3X9X40 on various deer rifles.
The good-
Price point for someone on a budget
Scope adjustments are crisp and precise. Easiest scope I've ever used to sight it in with the least amount of rounds. POI doesn't change over the years.
The glass seems to be clear and sharp.

The bad-
Doesn't perform well at low light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great scope. Bought a couple of them a couple months back on Fathers day. Mounted them on the Model 60 and 795. Had those suckers mounted and zero'd after only a few rounds. That was a fun day at the range!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts