Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first...Thanks so much to toad67 for sending me the .22 shorts to make this possible. Just another reason why this is the best site on the computer! I wanted to post up some pics of my niece learning to shoot the neat little 15yn "little buckaroo" Marlin single shot rifle. She loved this thing and was dinging those gongs like crazy! This little shorty rifle is way more accurate than I ever expected! She'll be wanting to go shooting everyday now. She even was talking about learning to squirrel and rabbit hunt with it! Looks like 'ol uncle Danny is gonna be pretty busy for awhile!
IMG_3652.JPG IMG_3654.JPG IMG_3656.JPG IMG_3657.JPG

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some more pics. Last one is my wife trying it out. She was doing great with it too...even tho she shoots like a "lefty" Lol.
IMG_3659.JPG IMG_3660.JPG IMG_3663.JPG IMG_3664.JPG

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Looks like she's having a great time with her 'now' FAVORITE Uncle Danny! Good job Dan!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, she really enjoyed it! She said she might just have to take a little break from her archery practice to get "real good" at "sniping" with the little buckaroo! It was a good time shooting today for sure!

Reactions: Golphin and Mop

·
Registered
661 Posts
Very nice. Like someone said, creating memories one shot at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Excellent Dan! God on toad as well for donating some ammo

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
My daughter who will be 36 the end of this month received her own Marlin 15Y on her 8th birthday, although I bought it and stored it when she was 3. She loves that little 15Y also but her's is non checkered. It is still at our house as she did not want to take it with her. I've killed groundhogs and squirrels with it using shorts. I mounted a little compact 4X scope on it due to aging eyes. Don't shoot it hardly at all and still looks brand spanking new. Keep it clean and wiped down for her awaiting the day she decides to keep it at her house. My only complaint is the trigger pull is horridly heavy. Makes it hard to train a youngster on proper trigger control and sight picture when they can hardly get the darn thing to go off.

FireManDad, how's the trigger pull on your 15YN?

Loved your photos of your niece and I've got some of my daughter shooting her 15Y Buckaroo also.

358 Win

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice pic's Dan.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey 358 Win... How about posting some of the pics with your daughter shooting her 15yn. I think it would be great sharing pics of young folks learning with these and all Marlins!

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
FireManDad,
Don't have any puter photos of her and I shooting, only the ones that needed to be developed taken with a kodak. If there is a way for me "reshoot" them and post them, I wouldn't know how and it is probably way beyond my scope of technology when it comes to puters!:hmmmm:

358 Win

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I totaly understand 358 Win. I've scanned old photos into my computer and posted them before and that seems to work pretty good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts