Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,821 Posts
Just wondering if anybody that lists a Marlin for sale is going to ever put in the ad..... Marlin by Remington, or are they still going to try and scam it off as a MARLIN. We know there is a difference! Mr fixit

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Why does something like this show up on Gunbroker instead of a gunshop? Oh and there are people still waiting for their replacements! ::)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lever addict said:
Why does something like this show up on Gunbroker instead of a gunshop? Oh and there are people still waiting for their replacements! ::)
That's what I was wondering too.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yeah, a closer look at the butt stock fit and it looks like my STBL pre-repair.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
It is not a perfect fit to the receiver, but neither is my GS which is a JM gun. And that it doesn't have an extra dovetail is encouraging. Now if it doesn't have a misaligned barrel, will cycle ammo it could just be a fair gun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up my new GBL. Aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Compared to my 1895G "JM" it appears to fit together just as well with the butt stock and fore end. At first had trouble chambering rounds, as I did with the "G", but after working on the ejector, it is cycling well now. Still a little "clunky" compared to the G with cycling, but has already improved some after repeated cycling of the lever and some cleaning. Took the full 6 rounds in the magazine and cycled them well. With the Iron sights, hit about 1-2 inches from center, out of the box, at 50 yards. Only took a couple of shots to get a feel for the recoil which was very manageable with the Hornady 325 FTX and a more than adequate recoil pad. The larger loop will definately be a plus when wearing gloves next hunting season. Once I get a chance to give it a good workout at the range, I'll have a much better idea of how well this Ilion product is made.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is an SBL, serial 91 with Marlin proof at Frontier Arms in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Gun looks new and very smooth action. The list was around $750, but they do deal on some firearms.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
RLPMD said:
Just picked up my new GBL. Aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Compared to my 1895G "JM" it appears to fit together just as well with the butt stock and fore end. At first had trouble chambering rounds, as I did with the "G", but after working on the ejector, it is cycling well now. Still a little "clunky" compared to the G with cycling, but has already improved some after repeated cycling of the lever and some cleaning. Took the full 6 rounds in the magazine and cycled them well. With the Iron sights, hit about 1-2 inches from center, out of the box, at 50 yards. Only took a couple of shots to get a feel for the recoil which was very manageable with the Hornady 325 FTX and a more than adequate recoil pad. The larger loop will definately be a plus when wearing gloves next hunting season. Once I get a chance to give it a good workout at the range, I'll have a much better idea of how well this Ilion product is made.
Good for you, hope it shoots good and cycling smooths up. Say, if after you use the gun a bit, and if everything is to your satisfaction, please post your results here: http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,86534.0.html And if it is a problem gun do tell about that as well in a different thread. It is extremely difficult to know the true state of affairs with Marlin when the only people who post are looking for solutions to their junk guns they bought from Remlin. Is the problem guns the tip of the iceberg? Or is it every gun? A clearer picture needs to be made IMHO.
Thanks and welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts