Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Re: Nice 1894 24" CB in 45Colt for sale elsewhere.

I know this excitement of finding a great Marlin on one of the auction house sites is almost too much not to share, but I think if we share each one of these discoveries, to how many of us out there in 1894 MO land, won't we eventually be bidding against each other and really raising the prices?? I mean some of the guys here have dough, so it sort of leaves out the guys who don't have as much. I know we want to share this in a helpful brotherly way, but maybe we cut off our noses in spite of our faces?? I think if you're really interested in buying, watch the auction sites and don't give away your favorite fishing hole. I've seen people on MO, getting real whiney and weepy after exposing one of these finds, when others show interest, and then the ensuing bellyaching is pathetic. I mean, who gets first "dibs"?
Just something to think about. Not trying to be mean, as it might be misconstrued!!

·
Registered
71 Posts

AINT NO FISH said:
I know this excitement of finding a great Marlin on one of the auction house sites is almost too much not to share, but I think if we share each one of these discoveries, to how many of us out there in 1894 MO land, won't we eventually be bidding against each other and really raising the prices?? I mean some of the guys here have dough, so it sort of leaves out the guys who don't have as much. I know we want to share this in a helpful brotherly way, but maybe we cut off our noses in spite of our faces?? I think if you're really interested in buying, watch the auction sites and don't give away your favorite fishing hole. I've seen people on MO, getting real whiney and weepy after exposing one of these finds, when others show interest, and then the ensuing bellyaching is pathetic. I mean, who gets first "dibs"?
Just something to think about. Not trying to be mean, as it might be misconstrued!!
ANF,
The rifle was also for sale on this forum and is were I found it.
I just happened accroos this post after the fact.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts

And AR-JR, we would love to see some pictures if that is possible. I really would love a 24" 1894 CB, and in my favorite caliber, 45 Colt! ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts

eaglesnest said:
And AR-JR, we would love to see some pictures if that is possible. I really would love a 24" 1894 CB, and in my favorite caliber, 45 Colt! ;D
I'll post an octagon family photo when I get the rifle.
336/30-30CB, 1894/24" 44mag, 1895/26", 1895CB LTDV & 39 Century

1 - 7 of 7 Posts