Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's a ROA 44 with aluminum grip frame. My brother purchased it for $200 bucks. When I get done it will be worth more than twice that. It has minor rust on the barrel. Moderate to bad pitting on the top strap by the rear sight. The internals were horrendous but salvageable. I always to forget to take before pictures. This time I got one after I had disassembled it. I have since cleaned it. Had to soak it for a weak and a half in Kroil and half the screws were still tough to get out but no damage to the heads.

ROA.jpg

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love my stainless one. Any photos before you broke it down?
I always forget to take pics before. I remembered when I got it all apart and was looking at the rusted gunkie internals. I had to heat the frame to get two of the screws out. Did not bugger any up so no harm done.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up date on my Brothers Ruger Old Army. I have finished all of the small parts and the XR3 Red aluminum alloy grip frame.
I fire blued the small parts. The photo's don't do it justice. Needed more light to show off the iridescent blue/purple colors.
Fire blue 1.jpg Fire blue 3.jpg Fire blue 2.jpg

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
With all the pitting what does the bore look like? Looks like you are doing a great job on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts