Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.. i just got my new 336ss..i need a scope but have no idea about which would be best..I an going to be hunting new york state and new jersey and prob penn...i done see needing more than 100 yards at bes for my shots,. any advice at all would be great.

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Are you wanting a SS scope to somewhat match your rifle's finish, or a matte black one? If SS might be what you'd want, Leupold makes their Shotgun VXI 2-7x33 in SS (silver) finish. That's about as big a scope as I'd want on that gun, personally. The best bases for that one might be Leupold's one piece silver standard base and low rings.

If you want a matte black scope, I'd suggest a couple, depending on your price range. The Leupold Shotgun VXI 1-4x20 with HD reticle is a good one for $200 and the Nikon Monarch African (1") 1-4x20 with #4 reticle for about $280 is a very good value. It's an exceptional scope.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Bushnell 3200 Elite 2-7x32 on my 336ss, nice combo.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Have a Leupold 1.75-6 VXIII on my 336ss. Great scope though costly. I think my next purchase will be a Redfield. Supposed to come off the same line as the Leupold VXIs. Much less expensive and heard nothing but good things about them. Also, they are U.S.made and come with a lifetime warranty. You may also want to consider a Bushnell Banner. Even less expensive and I think, alot for the $$. Like everything else these days, it seems there are so many choices it tends to complicate the equation. Good luck. Let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Just bought two Bushnell banners 1.5/4.5 . One is on 444, and one is on 44 mag. Scopes are clear, track great , and hold poi so far.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
tomt said:
I have a Bushnell 3200 Elite 2-7x32 on my 336ss, nice combo.
I have 2 of these scopes, they are great, and I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
for a new scope, I'd go with a low power variable, not more than 5X.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Weaver makes the classic K series again in straight 4x & 6x. Midway sells them for $140.00 & $150.00 respectivly. Lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bought a Leupold Rifleman 2x7 scope for our 30-30 and its a great scope with Lifetime warranty for 179.00.Go to Cabelas and read the reviews as thats what sold me on it.Just cant beat a Leupold in my opinion. Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts