Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I welcomed a new member to my Marlin 1894 family! It’s a 1977-born 1894 in .44 mag. It’s a big brother to my 1894C born in 1980. Did a total strip down and thorough cleaning, cycled a few rounds through, and all is in good working order.

One issue: when I reassembled I discovered the tip of the mag tube touching the end of the barrel (see pic). Not touching firm, but when I compared it to my 1894C I realized it might be a concern. Is this a problem? Any suggestions? Won’t get to the range until first of the week.

Thanks.

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Wood
Grass Wood Plant
Gun Wood Everyday carry Trigger Air gun

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats. Nice looking piece of machinery. Give her a good 50-100 round test fire. If it shoots well,don't worry about the magazine tube.
Thanks. That’s how I was leaning. Looked at some other pics and posts and felt that caution was best.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: M1Riflenut

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Congrats on a fine 94 all dressed up with a black gold Skinner!

We all have some Marlins with the mag tube touching the barrel. I like to remove the barrel band & use a Dremel with the small drum sander to remove some metal inside the band. Polish it up inside & use some cold blue along with a heat gun & acetone. I've done several like that & it takes the pressure off to let it float a bit. May not need it if she shoots as good as she looks!

·
Registered
21,220 Posts
Congrats!:tee:

Reactions: bkg1956

·
Super Moderator
4,509 Posts
Nice add to your collection! Hope she’s a good shooter!

Reactions: bkg1956

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on a fine 94 all dressed up with a black gold Skinner!

We all have some Marlins with the mag tube touching the barrel. I like to remove the barrel band & use a Dremel with the small drum sander to remove some metal inside the band. Polish it up inside & use some cold blue along with a heat gun & acetone. I've done several like that & it takes the pressure off to let it float a bit. May not need it if she shoots as good as she looks!
Thanks Trad! After I posted here, I read your advice on another helpful post, and decided to follow it. I’ll get to the range first of the week and see how it does then decide what to do.

I already had the Skinner waiting for it when I got it! Put it on after the take down and cleaning. One mistake and lesson learned: I took off the front ramp during disassembly and put the sight in before I reinstalled. That’s when I leaned that the sight will cover up the rear screw hole. It’ll be coming back off for a proper install. Lesson learned!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.