Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 336 with the crossbolt safety. Do I haven't fired it yet, it needs a rear sight. I was looking at the "oneraggedhole" or the williams sight.

I looked it over and can't see any plastic parks, but I havn't field striped it yet either.

Do these newer 336s have plastic followers?

Phil

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Push in on the loading gate and look in the end of the magazine. If you see an orange follower it's plastic. HYDE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked the end of magazine it looks like metal (grey/silver colored). Thanks for the info.

Do you know anything about the "oneraggedhole" sight? I was thinking about the Williams peep sight

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
The oneraggedhole sight looks to be well made but I don't see any advantage over the regular sight . And your giving up one of the advantages of a normal peep, the longer sight radius. I have 5 williams on marlins and 1 on a brand "W" and I wouldn't trade them for anything. HYDE

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would think with the rear sight so far forward with the one ragged hole it would tend to cover up a bunch of target. Some folk really like buckhorn sights but personally I don't for the same reason. I use a Williams on one and --gassp-- a scope on the other. :oops:

Field of view is better with a peep IMO over the one ragged hole and like hyde pointed out the longer sight radius tends to be more accurate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the intrusion. Just wanted to ask/elaborate on the plastic follower parts. New Marlins have these? I haven;t read of any problems with these. I am new to the forum but i have gone back 20 or so pages in the archives to try and find any problems experienced with these. Is there an option to replace these with metal parts?? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
RETAMS1, On page 2 of the big bore forums check out the one titled- 1895 owners- it will tell you about it. HYDE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you Hyde. A person can spend a bit of time looking at past forums. And still be looking at the wrong one. That was very informative.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts