Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

Spent a pleasant day, Monday, at Ripley Range, Queensland, sighting in my new '94CB 24" 45Colt, using a MTM Site-N-Clean rest and 50 of my handloads, 250grRNFP over 20gr H4227.

Standard iron sights at 25yards, A4 size target, 35 rounds to zero and get constant shooting off-hand. OK, I was having fun with this new cal, points very well and recoils nicely. :D

Standard iron sights at 100yards, A4 target again with 15 remaining rounds. First 5 didn't hit paper but did hit low on the masonite backing board, LOL, mine were the only big holes. Took a few moments to scratch head :? , back to the clubhouse to get tips off old James the duty RO, an experienced CAS man. He checked my rifle settings and suggested ramp heights to try on rear sight. Last 10 he called over the loud speaker, embarrassing, but with a little coaching all on paper :shock: .

Will up the powder load to 23.5gr for next run, should tighten things up.

Very happy,

Mucus

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Heck any day spent at the range is better than working. gives you an excuse to go back :wink: Sounds like a good time had down under.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Down Under, don't the sight adjustments work backwords, due to the effects of gravity being t'other way around :p ???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good one Tubby mate :lol:

Backwards or conventionally, still accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts