Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to thank all of you in advance for helping me make a decision, whether you knew it or not! Seems my smarter half really likes her 10/22, but she has some scope issues with it and cannot quite seem to keep it zeroed for more than a few mags or so. I think it is a nice rifle but a little too new school for me.

So, I started doing some research on a plinker (always been more of a pistol guy), and lo and behold the more I read the more I liked the Marlin Glenfield 60. Went to gunbroker and found a nice "older" model ('71) and picked it up. Next, I needed to find a scope mount for it (thanks to some readers here), and I found a good one (RWS Lockdown). Finally, a 3-9X40 Nikon Pro_Staff and we are on our way!

Well< I finally got to take her to my outdoor range today and I am one happy Marlin owner. Had it nailed in 4 rounds, and she was true all morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sweet score on the model 60. I have found the like being fed more than any other semi automatic .22 rifle.And Welcome from Roanoke VA

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice looking rifle too... enjoy.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
:congrats:NICEEEEE!! & Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas.:tee:

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! Thanks for the pic! John

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
Welcome to MO from central VA!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
SSBN619, welcome to the MO Family, from here in west central Mo. Nice score on the Glenfield 60, nice shooters and good glass. Take care, John.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey SSBN,

Welcome to MO.

Way to go, Marlin pic on first post! Now you "need" a 39A.....and a........(you get the idea) LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
21,078 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
SSBN welcome to Marlin Owners from NE Indiana. Enjoy that 60. I really have to bear down with my T-Bolt to beat my son when he shoots against me.:biggrin: Your wife will see the light when she realizes she doesn't have to feed those Ruger pita mags.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
welcome to the crowd! I mainly have been a small bore pistol guy and have found nice folks and very helpful info on this site.With their help I settles on a model 60. careful shopping and a good price too. It is a honey of a gun, only think I am probably going to do is replace the scope that came with it for a nice nikon . good luck and straight shooting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.