Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb here, have lurked a bit.

I've picked up a couple of Marlin levers, and managed to get some really pretty stocks from Numrich before they sold out (Classic Limited stocks).

Now I'm trying to figure out forend interchange so here I am.

Currently have a 39A (circa 1972), a Glenfield 30A (circa 1974) and a Remlin 1895 (Walmart closeout)

I have a gorgeous set of 1897 Classic Limited wood for the 39A (the forend will require a little work to fit the round 39A barrel), and a stock for both the 1895 and the 30A, but I'm striking out trying to find forends for the 30A and the 1895, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'll post up questions about the specific models in the 1895 forum and likely the 336 forum since the 30A wood should be the same as a 336A.

Footwear Boot Wood Shoe Cowboy boot

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Newb here, have lurked a bit.

I've picked up a couple of Marlin levers, and managed to get some really pretty stocks from Numrich before they sold out (Classic Limited stocks).

Now I'm trying to figure out forend interchange so here I am.

Currently have a 39A (circa 1972), a Glenfield 30A (circa 1974) and a Remlin 1895 (Walmart closeout)

I have a gorgeous set of 1897 Classic Limited wood for the 39A (the forend will require a little work to fit the round 39A barrel), and a stock for both the 1895 and the 30A, but I'm striking out trying to find forends for the 30A and the 1895, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'll post up questions about the specific models in the 1895 forum and likely the 336 forum since the 30A wood should be the same as a 336A.

View attachment 721296
Welcome to MO! The Glenfield 30A has the same stocks as a Marlin 30AS.

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to MO! The Glenfield 30A has the same stocks as a Marlin 30AS.
Thanks! I've noticed the 336A also has the cap instead of the band. The problem is, either have a nice checkered walnut forend to match the pretty stock I have to put on it. I prefer the forend end cap and the sights on the 30A to the band and buckhorn on the 336, but the 30A wood is hideous.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio. Good looking wood!

Reactions: jeepwm69

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another guy got this set about the same time (also for a 39A). At the time the stocks were about $54, and the forends were about $30 IIRC.

Wood Shotgun Wood stain
Wood
Wood

It was kind of like playing the lottery. You might get awesome wood, or you might get something very unextraordinary.

I ended up with 1 very nice buttstock (pictured in my initial post with forend), and two better than average stocks. Now I just need to find forends to match them.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm itching to get this 30A restocked so I can shoot it. I've loaded up on the Federal Fusion 30-30 that my local Walmart was closing out at $4.50/box so just need to get some wood on it to start enjoying it.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Welcome from Central NY ! That is some beautiful wood!

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Thanks! I've noticed the 336A also has the cap instead of the band. The problem is, either have a nice checkered walnut forend to match the pretty stock I have to put on it. I prefer the forend end cap and the sights on the 30A to the band and buckhorn on the 336, but the 30A wood is hideous.
I believe that SC model walnut wood should work on the Glenny 30A but I am not sure about the 1940s to 1970s Model 336A which used walnut. The 336A forearm could be longer--possibly--but I am not sure. The later 1990s version of the 336A had birch wood like the Glenny 30A or the Marlin 30AS.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Super Moderator
16,668 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - "THE "ORIGINAL 444 MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hi from Derby City!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.