Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the title says it all...I ordered a straight stock combo from boyds and then cancelled the order ($25 cancellation fee ugh!) because I didnt know I had to get a different trigger guard plate and lever...did some searching on the bushcraft forum and a member pointed me to you guys...so here I am! :)

...early 40s...married dad of 6...north idahoan...God, family, country...that's about it. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.

Reactions: sweet trav

·
Registered
450 Posts
A.) Straight stock. B.) Lower tang for a straight stock model. C.) Straight stock lever. Quick and easy swap if you can find the parts. Lower tang is usually the most elusive. I have one sitting on my shelf I planned to use for a project but haven’t gotten around to it. If you’re good with metal work you could refashion one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nick...why leave a good part sitting on a shelf...set her free and ship her my way...she'll get plenty of use up here! :)

·
Super Moderator
12,133 Posts
Welcome from the sunshine state! Those parts show up from time to time but eBay and gunbroker are your best bet to find them.

·
Super Moderator
32,129 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.
Don't give up those parts will just pop-up one day! Just be ready to spend the money for them.....!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
8 Posts
How good are you with tools? Easy to cut down your curved trigger guard to accept a straight stock. I have done it many times. Have a few lower guards on hand, can fashion one for cost.
This^

This 336 left the factory as a pistol grip.. I cut off the stock & filed flat, did the same with the lower tang. Tried reshaping my own lever, but didn’t heat it enough & it broke. Found a straight lever in the classifieds.

Lookup Sharps40 Texan conversion, & you’ll find the info you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is the route im looking into...would cut off pistol grip and sand down but wasnt sure about metal work

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Welcome from Central NYS !

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
this is the route im looking into...would cut off pistol grip and sand down but wasnt sure about metal work
Search the site. The process has been described here several times. We look forward to your posting detailing your experience and success.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Looking good to me.
The fore stock looks really good,
I'd have to look more than twice ate the buttstock to figure it out.
What tools did you use?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts