Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off Hello from W Pa.

I just picked up a X7VH in 223 for a hell of a deal and am looking at replacing the stock as i am not a big fan of the plastic stocks. I have been looking at the boyds thumbhole stock as its the only one i can find to fit the gun. My question is if i change the stock out will it affect my accuracy? Currently i can shoot quarter size groups at 200yrds with this gun adn as i use it primarily for Ground hogs dont want to lose my accuracy.

Thanks for any Help

·
Registered
15 Posts
You ask a question that cannot be answered without actually doing it. If you replace your plastic stock with a Boyds or any other aftermarket stock, you may get better, worse or the same level of accuracy. And then it can be further improved or reduced by bedding and order floating the barrel. There is no standard answer for your question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks thats what i was thinking but wasnt postive and dont want to spend the extra $$ if it was going to mess up the accuracy for sure. Thanks again

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I vote that you will not know about accuracy until you do it. Changes in just screw torque can make a difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, definitely a good price. LGS I visit every couple of weeks to check for powder and etc., has one to sell. I've bought several Marlin X rifles at this LGS, one being a 308 heavy varmit barrel. Have paid anywhere from $279 to $330 for them. LOL, the .223 heavy barrel Marlin is a standard plastic stocked one and is priced at $419. It doesn't come with a scope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts