Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an earlier post I talked about selling my 1973 Ben Pearson 50# "ROGUE" bow for a new Target Style bow. I sold the BP to a young guy who is learning bow fishing with some friends who shoot on the big lake near Charlotte, NC. Got more for it than I had expected as it was in perfect shape and before I could tell him what I wanted he made me an offer I could not refuse. I To be fair I told him that was more than I was going to ask for but the guy said it was exactly what he had been looking for and handed me the cash.

I have been looking at a lot of ILF bows and will be working with the archery coach at the shop who has a nice selection of bows to try out. In the meantime they got in a consignment bow that I think is the perfect back yard plinker bow and can't wait for the next clear day to try it out. It has been raining last couple days and cold out there for an old Florida guy. The bow is a 62 inch Ragim Matrix bow at a light 25 pounds. The limbs are in perfect shape and the wood riser was very nice but paint was scratched some. I decided to strip the riser and it is a good quality hard wood but had very little figure or wood grain so I decided that it would look great in Black to complement the black limbs and red tips. I think it turned out great and should help me work on my form and aiming skills until I find the right fit in a good ILF recurve bow. What do you think? - - by the way - paid $70 buck out the door - -

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I'll tell ya what I think. I have never used or owned that type of bow, but it looks ta be ah dandy. That weight should let you just concentrate on you form like your susposed ta. Seems ya did real good.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info on the book. I have been looking at some videos on youtube about a DVD series called MASTERS OF THE BAREBOW and they show techniques of many great bow shooters. I have not found the actual videos yet but will get that book. Hope it is available in ebook so I can read it on the ebook pad I have.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I would also like to add if you plan on bow hunting I would highly recomend the G Fred Asbell book Stalkin and Still-Hunting. It is the best how to bowhunting book I have ever read. Heres ah link to it. http://gfredasbell.com/GFA_Books_Videos.html
I have my copy loaned out now, but when I get it back your welcome to read it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts