Marlin Firearms Forum banner

New Ultralight Arms in 358 Win

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Dr.Lou 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a 358 Win in a Ultralight Arms Model 20. It i in a bedded synthetic cammo stock with a Timney trigger, everything on the rifle is meant to be a weight reducer. This rifle has a mcmillian action which is scaled down and it hasTalley rings and bases with a 1.5x6 Burris signature scope I think the whole rig might weigh 6 pounds, The guy who owned the rifle was shooting 225 Nosler Balistic Tip bullets seated out very long but the little rifle was built purposely with a 3 inch magazine. The owner of the company is Melvin Forbes who started building these rifles in 1985 and sold out to Colt who went bankrupt so Melvin bought his company back and dubbed it New Ultralight Arms.

I shot the rifle twice at 25 yards and cut the same hole 1 inch low in the bulleye. I know that 25 yards is not much of a test but it was all I had at the time.

#2 ·
Very nice rifle. Had a chance 25 years a go to buy a ultralight arms in 358 built on a Remington 700 action for $775 just didnt have the money. Super nice rifle enjoy.

#3 · (Edited)
Sounds very nice! Does it have a 22" barrel? I put together an "ultralight" rig not long ago that comes in at about 6.2 pounds with an ultralight Leupold 3-9 on top. It's so light that it feels like a toy gun..lol.

Enjoy that .358! I've been shooting a .358 for over 30yrs. I recently had a M70 Super Grade bored to .358, something I'd wanted to do for a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.