Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Maybe he's planning on shooting tractors.
I'm sure it would work well for that.

Vooch

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
and road graders, bulldozers, hairy mammoths or whatever else you might run into down on the farm.

Nice rifle Montana! Sweet!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the family of big bores. Sweet rifle. Looking forward to your updates. If you reload for that thar thing that is when the enjoyment really begins. :top:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where do you live that you need such a big bore rifle on your tractor??? :eek:
I own a ranch in Roundup, MT that's buried deep on a secluded mountain without a neighbor for miles. We're completely off-grid and don't even have access to emergency services for six months out of the year (they won't come up the mountain after the snow falls). I've also got bears who are getting increasingly emboldened. I'm not worried about being attacked while I'm on my tractor, but my dogs (five German Shepherds) follow alongside me anytime I'm on the tractor. They've been successful in running the bears off in the past but I don't want to risk them getting hurt if a sow with cubs shows up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.