Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Recently signed on since my appreciation for Marlin lever action rifles has been growing over time. I have a manufacturers FFL and a small shop where I do custom work, machining and refinishing, but I'm not here to sell anything. I only wish to share info and perhaps provide some insite from time to time. I have done several restorations on Marlin guns, and with each one I seem to like them more. I now have three in the shop inventory, but can't seem to part with any of them. I did have an interesting model come in for a restoration (which I only do after advising the customer potential loss of value). The model stamped on the barrel was C30-30. It was identicle to a 336 with a crossbolt safety. It was the customer's father's rifle, and he wanted Dad's rifle it to look like new again (lots of deer camp sentmental value). It was pitted and in poor cosmetic condition. Being the old softy that I am, I put way too much time into drawfiling the pits and giving it a master hot blue finish. Didn't come out dollar- wise on that one, but the gratitude of the son made it all worth while. Anywhy, what I've been telling my friends is that Marlin levers have cured my Mauser addiction. Of course, now I'm addicted to the Marlins.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! Marlin addiction is fairly common here and the 12 step program starts with a 30-30, .35, and some others in 336 (or similar version), then 1894s in .357, .44 Mag, and 45 Colt and then all the rimfires! It is a slow process but there are a lot of folks here who will show you another nice Marlin about the time you have the addiction under control. ;D ;D ;D John

BTW, have you looked at any of the bolt guns ::)

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome!
2 336's in .30-30 and an 1894 in .44 mag so far. One 336 has an HXXX serial number under the lever, potbelly forend, very good bluing with a bit of honest wear. That's the one that really hooked me!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome in the MO Forum from Germany!
Great folks, profound knowledge and good humour are here to be found.
Enjoy

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from Lake City, Florida

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Super Moderator
15,874 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest -
THE "ORIGINAL (North Haven, CT Rifles) MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
uh-oh,,,, sounds like Marlinitis has struck again!!!!! ;D ;D but anyway Helllo & Welcome to MarliOwners from Arkansas.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi PAS, Where are you from? I'm from NE Florida near Jacksonville. This forum is very informative and friendly. Welcome aboard. Marla

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Maria,
I'm from Wisconsin, land of deer camps and .30-30s (almost as many of these as cheese factories). Thanks for the warm welcomes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts