Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! New to the Marlin Forum! I am a long time shooter, hunter and handloader. I have owned several Marlins over the years. I started hand loading for 35 Rem 25 years ago in a Thompson Center Contender and the Marlin 336. I ran across a good deal on .358 Remington bulk 180 gr. JHP bullets and bought several boxes and worked up a wicked load for the T/C. It turns out that it works as well if not better in the 336, getting very nice groups. With the lead HP, there is no danger of igniting another round in the tube. When Hornady put out the new LeverRevolution 200 gr bullet as a component I got some of them also. Still working on a LeverRevolution handload for the 336, since they use proprietary powder in the factory loads (F'ng awesome, by the way). They print lower than the Rem pistol bullet. Got to get the chronograph out and see what they are clocking.

Have owned several Marlin bolt 22's in LR and WMR tube fed, but never kept them long (doggone gun-trading OCD!). Recently picked up a new 22 mag bolt with the detachable magazines (they are NOT "clips"!) and new-style trigger, laminate stock and blue finish. Put an old Simmons 3x9x40 on it. Anxious to test it out in a few days. 22WMR ammo is outrageous $$. To date myself, I have a box that has a price tag on it says $5.71 for CCI Maxi-Mags. The next oldest box is $10.50. The latest I sweet-talked them into when I bought the rifle, for $14.99, because they had $18.99 on the shelf. Hope this baby shoots!

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome from Texas. 35 Rem is a round I'd love to reload. Just need to invest in the tools.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,613 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Welcome from IL!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.