Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Hey all I have a question
Does anyone know who wrote a book in reguards to a man who only used the 35 remington I think it was somewhere in up state New York, anyway this man hunted and killed griz to god only knows all the animals with the 35 rem I think the title in part was "Curso of lake" I donot know the rest.
I am really excited this yr is the 35 Rem birthday. Thanks
Dave Shooter

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
welcome to MO.. I never heard of the story..

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
If memory serves, it was titled "Crusoe of Lonesome Lake". It took place in Alaska or British Columbia. I cant remember the author to save my life. It seems like he carried a Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington to kill numerous grizzlies. That is about all I can remember, and my memory could be faulty.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Sidespin said:
Leland Stowe is the author.

I'm either real smart or I looked it up on Amazon.com

I ordered the book

SS
Boy aren't you just the cats meow today.. :roll: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TnBigBore said:
If memory serves, it was titled "Crusoe of Lonesome Lake". It took place in Alaska or British Columbia. I cant remember the author to save my life. It seems like he carried a Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington to kill numerous grizzlies. That is about all I can remember, and my memory could be faulty.
Thats the book. Thanks to all you fine folks for the info. I picked up another 336-c in 35 rem 3-22-06. I love that cal and rifle. I got an 1894 357 and a 39a as well as a mod 410 I deer hunt here in Ohio with that one . Crazy laws of this state won't let you use high power rifles to deer hunt with but whistle pigs is another story. I am gonna get that book. I was trying to tell a friend about it but my memory went to you know where. Again thanks
Dave Shooter

G

·
golly!! Don't ask that sidespin any mysterious questions today! He's on a roll!

Welcome! Dave...you have to watch these guys, you can't stump them often!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts