Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Gentlemen here we go picked up a 2006 jm stamperd 1894 in 44mag 20 inch barrel. Best part $480.00 out he door. Have not had chance to shoot it yet missing rear sight. Snap caps run fine through it. Blue is fine, wood a few nicks, ordered new ramp sight from Midway. Now onto my next idea for 1894 build. Wild west trigger, xs peep sights, xs scout scope rail, leatherwood 2 by 7 scope, muleloop, leather for someone still looking at that. Anything I am missing on the build?

Question I have will skinner tactical sights front and rear be a better option for sights. And yes by the way I am one happy camper been looking for one the last two years.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Calm down, cowboy. Why a scope and rail with the peep sights?

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
congrats on the new 1894 and

Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill CountryWelcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Ok Gentlemen here we go picked up a 2006 jm stamperd 1894 in 44mag 20 inch barrel. Best part $480.00 out he door. Have not had chance to shoot it yet missing rear sight. Snap caps run fine through it. Blue is fine, wood a few nicks, ordered new ramp sight from Midway. Now onto my next idea for 1894 build. Wild west trigger, xs peep sights, xs scout scope rail, leatherwood 2 by 7 scope, muleloop, leather for someone still looking at that. Anything I am missing on the build?

Question I have will skinner tactical sights front and rear be a better option for sights. And yes by the way I am one happy camper been looking for one the last two years.
you forgot to post pictures of your new rifle

Reactions: HDStreet

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Glad to have ya with us! Enjoy the Forum, and the new rifle. I have the XS Rear sight on a 1895 that I will be replacing with a Skinner rear and front soon.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I advise you shoot it some before making any mods. I scoped mine only because my old eyes won't handle iron sights any more. I went with a 1.5 to 6 with lighted reticle.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Congrats! We need some pics! Oh, so, you ordered a new buckhorn sight? You realize that it won't work with a peep sight right? If you plan on peeps you'll need to "blank" that dovetail in the barrel and more than likely need to replace the front sight.....you might want to wait before purchasing anything else and shoot it with the new buckhorns first! Then maybe a peep sight, and THEN maybe a scope if you need it!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana. You picked up that riflegun at a good price.
Calm down, cowboy. Why a scope and rail with the peep sights?
Or why a peep with a scope and rail? :biggrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I was going a little overboard can't help not to crazy when a new gun finds its way in to the gun safe. Have four other marlins that are not stock. I am retired USGG engineer. Everything I have has to come apart and go faster better harleys truck etc ya'll see where I am going here. Going to tone it down a little skinner sights trigger and go from there. Yes I know we need pictures will get some up when I start in the next week or so. Have to shoot here first then tear it a part.

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.