Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my favorite pawn shop the other day and picked up this little jewel. It's a S&W 686. Stainless, 6 shot with 2 1/2 inch barrel. I love the grips and they fit my hand perfectly. The trigger is as smooth as silk. The best part was that I got it for $320.00 out the door.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Janitor said:
Great snubby, and at a great price!
Couldn't agree with Janitor more...you absolutely stole that sweetheart! 8)

I agree with you Henry, on the grips too. The factory K/L frame round-butt combats fit me well and are a pleasure to shoot, whereas the N-frame RB combats beat me up with heavy loads. Go figure ::)

Roe

·
Registered
661 Posts
You realize they are selling for 2x that w/o those grips which are themselves pretty pricey.

I do believe there are laws against what you did. ;D

Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know why this guy gives me such great prices. I've bought a ton of stuff from him and usually it's really cheap. He had this pistol marked at $599.00.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
$599 is more like what I would have expected.

And with those grips that would have still been a reasonable deal.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great gun and a great price! The best part is that I am free of envy, since it is the 6" 686 I lust after.

Andy

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
I think the 686 may be the ultimate 357, and I have several 357's in various flavors. But the apple of my eye is my 7-shot 3-inch 686. Great trigger right out of the box, perfect balance, and accurate with my favorite loads. What's not to like?

Your gun pusher is either soft in the head, or he likes you a LOT. But if you're ever served with a warrant for Felony Theft, you'll know why. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
$320 out the door???!!!! You are either a liar or your dealer is dumb or really likes you. ;D That is a heck of a deal!! I havent seen any Smith revolvers go for $320 in a long time. 686s are going for over $500 in my neck of the woods. I would have bought it for $500! Great deal and send your dealer a Christmas card.

Shudy

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
That is an exceptional buy!! Great job! ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,701 Posts
That's a really good buy. I bought a snubby 686 for $350 a couple years ago that had been aftermarket ported. Never shot it, wound up reselling at a modest profit down the road. I'd love to find an unported model though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts