Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well despite the embargo my wife declared on me buying guns for a while(tough not to do when working as a manager for a gunstore)I was able to purchase a used Marlin 995. It's in pretty decent shape and it needs in my opinion a new barrel band and sling swivel. Do those come as a unit from Mother Marlin? Do you think Marlin might replace that band for me? I am going to call in the morning. The only issue I have found on this gun is the barrel band is rusted and there are some normal to slightly greater than normal wear marks on the reciever. I bought this as yet another minor gunsmithing project as if I didn't already hav enough. Still need to add the WWG trigger to my GG, finish the stock for a .338 I'm building and refinish this gun and an old Stevens 22lr. You'd think I lived in the great white north with all these projects and not the concrete jungle of Socal. help and advice appreciated.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I am sure you can get the parts from Marlin, or sending it in , I am sure they would replace it..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope that's correct as I have faxed Mother Marlin's customer service with my request for manual and part.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
if you don't hear anyting contact Ed Chabot .. he has helped before. I know his emial still works..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts