Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up,sn:1156****,mine does not have the bolt hold open device on the left side. The bolt is held open ,by pushing in on the charging handle.Any body have any idea if this is "correct" or unusual???? . Took the carbine to the woods, shoots real well.I plan on putting a Choate side folder stock and a 2.5 power Simmons scope on it. I will post pictures when I am finished. Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My pictures are to large for this site ????? I will figure it out , and them psot pic's. Doug

·
Registered
649 Posts
Maybe a close up of the reciever showing the slot behind the charging handle?

Some cameras take pictures with a resolution of around 300 dpi which is fine if you are going to blow up to a large size. If you use 70 to 90 is will fit on the computer screen with enough detail that you really cannot tell the difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My buddy just bought one of the early Camp 9s w/o a bolt lock on the side of the receiver yesterday. i had a chance to play with it and the bolt is locked back either when the magazine is empty or if you pull the bolt back by the bolt handle and then push in on the handle. It appears the bolt handle engages a slot in the receiver to hold the bolt back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As RGPM1A, said the bold holds open after the last shot or you can lock it open ,by pushing in on the charging handle, like a 22 semiauto. Doug.

·
Registered
313 Posts
canonsix said:
Just picked it up,sn:1156****,mine does not have the bolt hold open device on the left side. The bolt is held open ,by pushing in on the charging handle.Any body have any idea if this is "correct" or unusual?
That is correct, but mine certainly does not have that slot in the receiver.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wingspar, thnks for the inf/reply. I am new to the Camp 9, so any info is much appreciated. Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New picture of my Camp 9.Choate side folding stock, white light, 2.5 power Simmons scope and 20 round MecGar mags enroute. Next a trigger job from Bill Sinclair. Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent my trigger to Bill Sinclair,on 7/28, got it back today.Great service , fast shipping and the works is as he advertises.The magazine disconnect is removed, and the trigger is @ 3 to 4 pounds, with no take up and breaks like a glass rod.The best $49.00 I have ever spent. Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I only have very good things to say about the man and about his work Good luck. Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am familiar with the MecGar's, I have had KelTec Sub2000's in the past and the mags allways worked great. Doug

1 - 20 of 24 Posts