Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Im almost overwhelmed by the warm reception. The plunger was the culprit with the sticky lever. On Glockmeisters suggestion I ordered a set of Grace Tools Marlin specific screwdriver set. I'll have to look into some new screws, thanks Enfielder! In addition to chopping the barrel I think Im going to attempt a full Marauder conversion. I've got all the required hand tools and I think it would give me a great deal of satisfaction if I can pull it off. I saw a great thread by a fella who goes by Sharps40 I belive who did the same thing. He's a hell of alot more skilled than I am but I like the challenge. I'll keep you posted with pictures.

·
Premium Member
16,679 Posts
Hey Stein,

Welcome to MO.

Seems you have all the help you need. Lots of knowledgeable folk here.

Wish you success with this project.

Way to go, pics!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Not sure which thread you saw but I know there is one somewhere here on the forum where a pistol grip is converted to straight grip reusing the original parts. The guy only had to hack saw the thick end of the lower tang to near the proper thickness, file and sand it smooth then reblue it and cut the stock straight and redo the rounded edge. Came out quite nice.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts