Im almost overwhelmed by the warm reception. The plunger was the culprit with the sticky lever. On Glockmeisters suggestion I ordered a set of Grace Tools Marlin specific screwdriver set. I'll have to look into some new screws, thanks Enfielder! In addition to chopping the barrel I think Im going to attempt a full Marauder conversion. I've got all the required hand tools and I think it would give me a great deal of satisfaction if I can pull it off. I saw a great thread by a fella who goes by Sharps40 I belive who did the same thing. He's a hell of alot more skilled than I am but I like the challenge. I'll keep you posted with pictures.