Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, from the beginning. A few months ago I picked up a beautiful 1895GS, and posted about it. Since then I have been looking for a 450 to add, and today, well here you go. I DID NOT want a ported barrel and of course as original as it was from the factory. Anyway, I was "persuaded" to go look at this 1895M today.....ported, and with some funky night sights or whatever. Wasn't interested initially, as it had a few bumps and bruises, but he said he had some ammo also, 70 rounds of mixed. So, not exactly what I was looking for, but well, um, $350......not too shabby, eh? :biggrin:

C IMG_5958.JPG IMG_5961.JPG

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey Chowder,

Great score!

Should do well on "piggy".....LOL

Marlin, bringing home the "bacon", for over 130 years!

Later, Mark

Reactions: erimort

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Oh, man, those sights are horrific :biggrin: (No offense meant!)

For $350, I'd say you stole it! I would have bought it in an instant at that price especially with 70 rounds of nice brass to start loading to boot!

Reactions: erimort and Chowder

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Not too shabby for sure! Nice find Chowder:congrats:

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Good Deal! Congrats!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys....I'm excited (even though it's ported - ha!). The serial number 0008XXX is a 2000 year of manufacture, correct?

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
congrats, nice lookin' rifle

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Grand theft right there!! And you're correct on the year 2000 she be!!

Reactions: msharley

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Grand theft right there!! And you're correct on the year 2000 she be!!
Yep at $350 that's a clear case of Grand Theft Marlin alright.

GOOD SCORE!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Nice work! For that price it was a no brainer!!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
That is easily half priced....
Makes it easy to afford ammo.

Reactions: Reicher

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Very nice! I loved my 1895M, it was my first "big bore"! You are going to just love that thing, just wait till you take it out to the range and fire it....folks will be wanting to know what "cannon" you brought!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the kind words folks....I am still quite excited about the latest shooter. I finally got it out to a friends house for a session and it shoots quite well...very, very similar to my 45/70, but a tad louder, even with my decent headset. Question...initially I was complaining about the sights that came with it, but actually liked them for paper busting. Turns out they're Williams Fire Sights and although I do not like the way they look, they are quite bright in low light. Y'all have any opinions on them? Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Yes, I think you did a fair deal on the weapon. In the event you think you paid too much, PM me and I'll take it off your hands for $360. Just kidding (although I WOULD give you 360 for it) - that was a great deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts