Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! Finally got around to posting a picture of my new toy. A used but not abused 1974 444S, in pretty good shape. Will do something with the wood, needs a little tlc, other than that, she's is really good hunting shape. Just starting to learn reloading, so picking up pieces and parts as I run across them. Did I miss the new brass already? Just my luck if I did. Thanx for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Rifle looks like serious business. Don't think you've missed the brass, have not seen any in stock for awhile, hopefully a run will be made soon. Pretty sure the first person who finds some will post whereabouts.

Reactions: rlm1

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was a good question so I just measured it. I always thought the T4S's had 24" barrels. Apparently mine has a 22" barrel. The barrel measures 21.25" from the muzzel to where barrel meets the reciever. I just learned something . Thanx for asking Mr. Sourdough!

Team 45/70 #1333
Team 35 # 523
1895 SBL 2014
444S 1974
336 35Rem 1979
336 35Rem 1969

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Nice rifle buddy congrats!!!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Great rifle, you are going to love it. I have the same gun, it will drop anything in North America, just hit them in the right spot. :biggrin:

My 444 is faster then 911

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congratulations on a great rifle. I've recently learned that what the other 444 owners say is true........you can't wipe the smile off after shooting one.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
She is beautiful. The sight of her makes my heart pound. Great pictures thanks for sharing with us.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Congrats on your find and welcome to the 444 club. Glad your looking into handloading for it. Hopefully Remington starts making some brass soon. Boolits are a little easier to find. A highly recommended place for hardcast lead is Beartooth Bullets. Long wait for them but bullets worth waiting for. There is also some interesting articles on the 444 in his tech notes.

·
Premium Member
13,991 Posts
Nice rifle! Congrats and thanks for the pics! :beerglass:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts