Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance between work trips to go to my FFL today and pick up a 39A I recently purchased from Ha Dingus. It was the one with the big mineral streak on one side of the stock. I happen to think it is purdy :)

To say I am pleased would be an understatement at best. The rifle is definitely a bit better than described and a real beauty for an original 64 model. Heck, I'm a '61 model and don't look near as good.

Cycled a few tubes of ammo with no hiccups. Man, I can't wait to get back from an upcoming trip and try it on some real game..... like cans and eggs and maybe a melon or two :)

I bought this rifle after being hounded by the wife to get a 39A for my youngest grandaughter. I may have to scope and keep this one for myself and look for another for Miss Brooke!

Would like to send out a huge thanks to Mike AKA Ha Dingus for a beautiful rifle.

If I can squeeze some time I will put up a few pics and certainly let everyone know how she performs in the real world coming as soon as I can get back from latest trip to hell :)

Those dang 39A's are the cat's meow

RD

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
You're gonna love that thing Raindawg! I bought one through an MO member a month or so ago and just mounted a nice scope with Conetrol rings. It is one sweet plinker for sure.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
That's a beauty of a rifle you scored there brother!! If I didn't already have two "in the dark" I'd have been trying to rescue that one myself!!! Looking for a range report at your opportunity...
And may you get in and back out of that trip "down below" before the devil even knows you've been there!!

Reactions: raindawg

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Grunt,

This is my 4th one! Coincidentally I have 4 grandkids :) I LUV these darn things. So much fun, simple to work on, accurate as heck and great to teach kids on. Great thing is, Paw Paw gets to "TEST" them until they are each of age to be trusted with such a fine firearm. As an example of how women really are, my grandaughter will only turn 1 year old in June. My wife has been bugging me since late last year to buy one and put it away for her :)

I have long wanted to send a 39A to Lew over at Grizzly Custom Guns. If I could fine a beater for a good price I may just have to pull the trigger. I can't have the grandkids shooting 39A's and me plinking with a "lowly" 10/22 :biggrin:

I am thinking of a Leupy rimfire scope in custom LOW DNZ rings......Tree rats beware!!

·
Premium Member
15,451 Posts
congrats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts