Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not looking to buy anything but when I walked into the LGS and saw this 1950 35rem 336sc undrilled waffletop I could not help myself. Only things I can find wrong are the missing bullseye and the brass bead is broke off the front sight. Also it looks like it may have been restocked sometime in its' 64 years. I think it will clean up real nice. View attachment 96996 View attachment 96997

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Way to go, did you pull the stock and check for serial # ?

Reactions: graymustang

·
Premium Member
15,421 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
Nice rifle!

·
Super Moderator
24,948 Posts
Very nice--and was made the same year as my "52 336SC 30-30--but even better--its a 35 Rem! Congrats--you gotta love that Sporting Carbine model--such a classic!

DSCN0508s.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice! I have a 1950 S.C. in .35, also undrilled with the original marble's sights with matching serial numbers. My best shooter with one of the best triggers I've ever had the pleasure of squeezing! Congrats on your '52!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is a beauty!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
If you pull the stock it should have the same serial # stamped into the wood that you see on the tang under the lever it should also be stamped inside the forearm but its a little more trouble to remove, this will tell you if you have original wood on your gun.
Actually its a 1952....J prefix under the lever....bad eyes here

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, neat find and looks like she will clean up nicely for you. Gotta' love those .35 rems....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts