Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!
Yes I had skimmed threads in .38-55 forum, good resource!
Ream the throat? :ahhhhh:Say it ain't so, I'm just wrapping my head around slugging the bore. And re-loading with its concomitant tooling requirements.
Glad the receivers not yet been drilled. Like to find a real old-time peep for it. Or maybe just the tang sight for now leaving the receiver un-adulterated?
Like this say.....

· Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Has a Marlin CB 38-55 ever been made that did not have a JM barrel? Is Remington making CB's now?
I did inquire on these here forums and was assured that no Marlin CB rifle had been produced since Remington had become the parent company.

So it was on that advice I bought the gun that I did even though it was not stated in the GunBroker ad that it was a "JM" marked gun and no images in said ad showed a "JM" mark.

While waiting for the piece to arrive there was a thread on these boards about a Cabela's Special that I took from the conversation to be a CB "Remlin".

I may have interpreted that incorrectly, but I was holding my breath until my gun arrived.

Anyways, the point is, for me anyhow, moot now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.