Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local LGS yesterday looking to buy a Stage Coach shotgun, picked the shotgun up to purchase and looked down and saw a Marlin 336. It was made in 1988nJM stamped pre-cross bolt safety. Best of all only $299. The shotgun was put back and the 336 is now mine. It is in 30/30, never had a 30/30 but do now.
This gun will go good with my 39 Mountie and my Remlin 1894. One thing about the Remlin that I want to make a comment about, you here nothing but negative's about the Remlins and the first ones were probably well founded. But the 1894 that I just purchased works and shoots great. It is flawless in fit and finish, so I do believe that Remington is starting to get the growing pains worked out. I Love the 1894 and it is made as well as all my very beloved JM Marlins. I am not a Marlins expert and do like the original marlins first option, but this Remlin is a very nice rifle and I am very happy to own it.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Where are the pics? It sounds like a score.

Now, are you sure it's 1988, and no crossbolt safety?

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the serial # and it starts with #22138xxx so my math was not very good at the time so I guess it is a 1978. Thank for the correction.

One thing on the new Remlin it does not have the screw for a Lyman peep sight. So I guess it will be getting the Skinner and the 30/30 will get the Lyman's sight.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Did you order the 1894, or just happen to find a shop with one in stock? I had been trying to find one, but that was proving difficult so I got a Rossi to hold me over.

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking in my local shop and he happened to have one. I will try and get pictures tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts