Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an 1895g this afternoon. Serial of 95 dates it to 2005 I think? Doesn't look to have been shot much, but wasn't put away clean by the precious owner. Has some slight spots of surface rust starting that I need to clean up. Pics to follow. Got a good price on it due to condition.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Good rescue on a great gun, make sure you give it the care and attention that it has never had. eh

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All cleaned up and took a few pics. I really like the wood on this one, very nice. One thing I found concerning, was that the rust spots I noticed when looking at the rifle in the first place, "disappeared" with indoor light. Obviously noticeable in the sunlight and invisible inside. I'm going to have to take everything i own outside in the near future and make sure I don't have any issues developing I'm not aware of.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun

Gun Shotgun Air gun Trigger
Shotgun

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Congrats on that rescue! It's a gorgeous rifle, and yes, sunlight is the best light to look at your firearms under, that's where all the gorey details come out! 0000 steel wool should take it all off or close enough!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, she's all cleaned up now, ready for a trip the range.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
congrats on the new dance partner.
nice lookin' rifle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.