Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently came into the lever gun world with a Marlin 336 Youth model, .30-30 Cal. After building an AR and wanting a change of pace, I found a love for lever guns. There is nothing that beats metal and wood. I really enjoy the shorter stock on the youth model.

After reading some AR forums, most of the guys seemed like jerks and always had to "one-up" each other...either by how much they can drop on a new rail, or how many mags they can carry, etc. Quality over quantity. Everything always seemed like it was a competition. Let me tell y'all, after reading some of the posts on here, everybody is encouraging, kind, and respectful.

I look forward to gaining much needed knowledge in due time with lever guns and advice!

God Bless y'all!
Ezra225

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Any 30 caliber rifle will out shoot a 22 cal for killing power

Id not own a firearm desgined to mame I want the op4 dead, not wounded and scurrying off

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard!.. and youre right, you couldnt have found a nicer and respectful group of guys!
as an avid collector of "evil black guns" and many other styles, I still have a long fond love of my marlins, and Ive just recently gotten into levers also, and everyones been absolutely helpful. great people here.

Reactions: Ezra225

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Brother Ezra, welcome to Marlin Owners from way out West!

Yup. Walnut and blued steel is just about the best combo ever.

Congrats on your new love!

And yer right: people around here are salt of the Earth - as good as it gets.

Brocky

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm around the Lexington Area now, before I was actually not too far from Mammoth cave, around an hour away tops. took a couple trips there with the family when I was younger, I would really like to take the tour where they get you crawling around and wearing the overalls and the safety hat with the lights on it, sounds like it would be a big time!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana. It is easy to forget that the first leverguns were the "Black Rifles" of the day. Load them on Sunday and fight all week.

Reactions: vrkar10

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Ezra225 and welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum, from the state of Louisiana!!!

Team 45-70 #1214
John

"This is America," "Everyone's got a bone to pick,"

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! We're glad you've joined us. John

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Hello and welcome to MarlinOwners. Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Welcome to MO. The Marlin lever rifles are pretty darn impressive. From 39a to big bore 1895 45-70 there isn't much you can't hunt. Marlinitis is highly contagious... the customary symptom is an overwhelming desire for another Marlin lever rifle. It's a very common affliction. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
16,009 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts