Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, for some reason the pictures I posted on this thread does not show. Sadly, I no longer have them on any computer either. I'll try to get some new shots of the parts shortly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Dang, I completely forgot about this. I'll try to sort this out during the weekend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Holy crap, I just can't seem to find the time to do this. I'm so sorry guys, I will really try to get it done this weekend. The kids are out of the house Friday and Saturday so I should be able to get it done.
Someone could try to send me a PM tomorrow maybe, so I don't forget about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dhansen, thanks for the kind words! I'm quite pleased with it myself, actually :)
Only problem now, is I want to do the skinnier forearm and the full mag on the 444p as well, but I'm hesitant. I could always get replacement wood and a new longer mag tube for it, but those are hellishly expensive over here, and I'm not sure I want to cut in to the originals for this one.
So, if any of you guys reading this has some beat up, but not busted, wood and a longer mag tube lying around that they want to get rid of for cheaps, let me know...
I have a 444S I purchased back in 1977. I've often wondered if the .44 mag tube would work, but the dovetail is at the end of my tube where the tube cap goes. That would interfere with the .44 mag tube, essentially blocking it. I guess a very good welder could butt-weld a length of donor tube to the original, but then, the issue of the blockage would still exist.
Keep us updated on this subject, please?
Great job on the trigger mod, by the way!

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Great ingenuity and creativity shown.... Excellent!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts