Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I have a Marlin 39A circa 1967. The outer mag tube has seen better days and will need to be replaced eventually. It uses an older style mag tube. I have on hand a new style ( post 1975) one. The spacing is a little longer where the inner tube locks in. has anyone modified the newer style tube to work in an old style one, or do I need to try and find a old style one? Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well today I hopefully answered my question. I modified the post 1975 outer tube to work with my 1967 inner tube. I found the newer one is made a little thinner than the old one. I had to be careful to not file Though the tube while making the notch for the tube pin. I ran some plastic dummy rounds through it and they all fed well. I can't test fire it for real for a while due to getting a total knee replacement 2 1/2 weeks ago, but I am fairly certain it will work.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I've been trying to figure out what is the difference between the new and the old style magazine tubes. I can't find any pictures comparing the two.

Glad to read you got it figured out.

-Bob

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
39A mag tube.jpg

Bruiser- Here is a pic of the old one and the modified one. Hope you can see the arrow where I had to remove metal to get the inner tube to work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts