Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to put my new 989 M2 back together after initial cleaning/inspection. I've got new buffer coming. I've seen mentioned in a couple of posts that it's a good idea to install new springs. I'd like to follow this advice while I've got the gun torn down anyway. My questions is what springs are available and/or should be replaced, and from whom are they available. I looked on the J&P site but there's no listing for the model 989 M2. What are you guys using and where are you sourcing them? Thanks

·
Banned
2,262 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Mcarbo spring set for the Model 795 will work in the 989m2. The JP recoil and hammer springs are pretty much universal across all the popular semiautomatics. Get a set for a model 60/795 and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The 989M2 is just the grandpappy of the 795. Uses the same springs & mags.

However, the 989m2 mags will NOT work in a 795 UNLESS you file off the magwell bump inside the 795.
All it was put there for is to prevent Pre Clinton-Gun-Ban Hi-cap Mags from inserting...that's it.
Oddly enough, the 25-rd ProMag is perfect for both ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have 2 of the 25-round pro mags and I honestly don't much like them. I seem to have more trouble with misfeeds and jams than with the stock 10-round mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.