Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share this with the members here A Member over at cast boolits did a little tuning on a sight he picked up for me and I thought I would share the work of a True Craftsman with you (He,s a Gunsmith by the way)

DOGG

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would Imagine This guy can do anything you want I,ve seen the Lever Gun work he does and It,s top notch
DOGG!!!

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey Red Dog,

Fine looking sight!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why Thank You Mark
DOGG!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very nice. Love the script he did.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Went with Skinner on mine. Now have 1895/45-70 and 336/30-30 with Skinners. Prob going to put a set on the 35 Rem too. Love 'em.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I been eye ballin that same sight. Let me know how you like it. Im thinking it would work real well to get out for the longer shots. Oh by the way cool personalizing. Just plain cool.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Yes, very nice!:congrats:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I been eye ballin that same sight. Let me know how you like it. Im thinking it would work real well to get out for the longer shots. Oh by the way cool personalizing. Just plain cool.
Yes the FP 336 TK seems to be well made & the click adj are very smooth I,m hoping to get out Sat an get this sight dialed in out to 100 yards and then I,ll screw with the Elevation adjustments for out to 150 then the Long Bomb and see how it does I,ll let ya know when I get-er-done
DOGG!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
Just curious, but why did you choose the top mount versus the side mount? I see your rifle is d&t'd for the side mount style too.

Nice personalization job. Looks very well done.

Jeff

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just curious, but why did you choose the top mount versus the side mount? I see your rifle is d&t'd for the side mount style too.

Nice personalization job. Looks very well done.

Jeff
The Sight was a Gift at first I was going to buy the side mount But this was given to me and to tell ya the truth I thought the top mount was higher than it actualy is so It worked out pretty good
DOGG!!!

Reactions: BFPGW

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
You are one of the first I've run across who appeared to have the option for either. My first was the top mount on an 1895CB. I too was afraid it was too high for the stock front but it wasn't. After the purchase of my first side mount it became obvious that both seem to mount at the same lowest height, if you are using factory holes to mount it. That opinion is based on 336 and 1895 models though. Haven't installed one on an 1894.

Jeff

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea this one is mounted on a ss model and as said I am REAL Happy with the Low Mount I,m Gonna Get it bore sighted and go (hopefully) Sat and Dial it in
DOGG!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.