Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New guy to the forum.
Like most of you I grew up with firearms, mostly rifles. My father and grand father had no use for pistols. I like them though.
I hunt, reload, shoot often, and trap. Not to good at the trapping part yet but i'll get there.
I've just one Marlin a 336w I bought a few months ago. I load all kinds of "odd ball' 30-30 and have and will continue to use it for everything from small game to the trap line to the bigger stuff.
Hope to get plenty of info about the rifle and handloads as I can from other members and contribute some as well.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Welcome.. the boss man of the site is trapper.. he can probably help there..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gunjunkie said:
Welcome.. the boss man of the site is trapper.. he can probably help there..
thanks for the welcome

Can't hurt I basically have trial and error and a few trapping mags as my only teachers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
silver1218 said:
Describe the 336W please, I am not familiar with this.
Its the cheapest rifle they make. 30-30 cal
You can get it for around $280.00 at wally world.
I paid $320.00 for mine from my locale gun store just because I like spreading around the wealth. :D

G

·
welcome to the board, Trails. Good place....that Michigan peninsula, the big one :)
start shootin' that gun regularly....you're soon gonna buy some more and will neglect the earlier ones! :)

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You better wear rubber gloves and a mask while on line. Otherwise, you could contract Marlinitis. Sorry, there is no known cure, just palliative care to reduce the pain. :lol:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
silver1218 said:
Describe the 336W please, I am not familiar with this.
The W has hardwood, walnut stain with the two barrel bands.. Screw adjustable rear site ( I like it best personally) .. but otherwise the same as other 336's..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Welcome to another Michigander...from the small peninsula...the best one... :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the welcome.

Marlinits don't sound all that bad. Hopefully one of the syptoms is cash excreation.
:lol:
Midnight rider I'm a troll born and raised and if I could find a job as a machinist up there I'd start packing right now. I do all my serious hunting around Hulbert although I may check out the porcupine mountains this year.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Trails said:
Its the cheapest rifle they make
Well. Maybe it is, but its the only one with the golden trigger :D

I love mine. welcome to the sand box :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Trails...the Porkies are great. Spent some time there last summer. I've always liked 'em.
Jobs are prety thin up here...sorry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts