Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
If it's as reliable as the rest of the autos ruger has it will give kimber and springfield a run at the mid price market probably

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I have a P94 and and 95 no malfunctions ever with any ammo even some handloads that people couldn't get to feed in theirs... I like Rugers Handguns.. just not impressed with the rifles.. LOL I only like Marlin rifles.. ;D

Reactions: Wet Dog

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Barenjager said:
I'm surprised Ruger didn't do something to make this 1911 distinctively Ruger.

I expected them to make it twice as thick and heavy as it needs to be. ::)

Roe
That's funny. 1911's, AR's, compact pistols, hi-cap magazines - it's amazing what Ruger Firearms is putting out now that Rugers' aren't involved in the company anymore. :-X ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Barenjager said:

Roe
Ouch! I like my Ruger handguns. It's an engineering question. Is the glass half empty, half full or just too big? Try an SR9 and see if it's too thick or heavy. Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like Rugers Handguns.. just not impressed with the rifles.. LOL I only like Marlin rifles.. ;D
[/quote]
Double Ouch! Now what's wrong with their rifles?

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Barenjager said:

Roe
I'm sure there's room on the other side for the "owners manual"... Social Security Numbers... and any other random information!

I kinda like it, Roe,,,,, Wanna buy my Colt 1911, so's I can afford this one??

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hmm, I wonder how far the actual price will change from the msrp. If it ends up on the mid to upper 600 dollar range I would be interested. It would be the third of three Rugers that I would own. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Barenjager said:
I doubt that's going to happen, Mike.

#1...it's plastic. :(
Only half plastic. The other half is top quality Ruger steel. :)

#2...it's a nine. ::)
But it holds 18 of those pipsqueak 9mm cartridges. Or you could try the SR40. :)

Roe ;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Ruger billboard is under the dust cover.

CD

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
I already own a Kimber Gold Match II .45ACP. If Ruger makes that in a 9MM with a target sight I will buy one.

GB45

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
An American made Ruger 1911?...................That's a pistol I'd buy in a Hearbeat, over an Indo-MIM remington R1............

Ruger, and Pinetree Castings have been producing some of the very best investment castings available anywhere........That's a fact!......Take a close look at any Ruger Model 77 receiver. It's Georgous!

Re: the Pistol itself..........It really looks to me, like Ruger put their efforts in the right places......All American Made, Solid lockup of barrel/slide and frame, Good sights and safeties, Ti firingpin (faster lock times), Series 70 design, overall great finish ..........Two mags, one, 7rnd & one 8 rnd.
Yup, I'd like to try one of these................Oh, I NEVER had any interest in the remingtom R1, 'cause I know the remington "business ethic" on that gun....... ::) ::)..........In fact, it's safe to say, I know remingtons current business ethic for everything they market...... :eek: :eek:

Roe,
you (and I) can still get caught up on some of those older huge 9MM's that Ruger built years ago......I agree,....They were way too massive!, and left a lot to be desired re: fit and finish...........but this is different! ;D ;D

Tom

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Gunjunkie said:
I have a P94 and and 95 no malfunctions ever with any ammo even some handloads that people couldn't get to feed in theirs... I like Rugers Handguns.. just not impressed with the rifles.. LOL I only like Marlin rifles.. ;D
I had the Ruger P345. Never a hic-up!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Don't like the lint-holes in the trigger or the white 3-dot sights or the grip safety, with the "positive engagement" protrusion.

I will be getting one! Ruger settled my 1911 for 2011 dilemma.

I've been trying to catagorize it by the looks and can't quite place it. Either "quality budget-based alternative to overpriced Kimbers" or "what AMT was trying to acheive".

I'll try and wait until the recalls are completed. ;D

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I'll add this..."model 70" type lock work, no one- or two-piece guide rod...what JB had in mind!

Jon

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Klondike Mike said:
I like Rugers Handguns.. just not impressed with the rifles.. LOL I only like Marlin rifles.. ;D

Double Ouch! Now what's wrong with their rifles?
They function fine and shoot every time .. but I never could get accuracy out of one..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts