Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got another Ruger for the collection! A 10/22 Stainless Birch Sporter! Few things in life bring more joy than a NIB rifle! Features a 22 inch length barrel, sling swivels and buttstock pad - it's a distributor exclusive. Has a nice feel to it with the longer barrel.

I installed a Leupold 2x7 scope in Leupold Weaver-style steel rings. Out shooting with it today, digests Winchester Super X 37gr HP ammo quite nicely :biggrin: -

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
My youngest son bought one like yours about a year ago and is quite pleased with it. He scoped it and put a volquartson trigger group in it and it is deadly accurate. I always liked the 22 inch barrel on a 10-22 better thn the standard barrel.

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
Hey Slamfire,

Fine looking 10/22.

Now if we can locate ammo!

Later, Mark

Reactions: slamfire

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
:congrats:You did Real Good there Slamfire!! Sure is NICE looking!!:beer: But did ya get any ammo to go with it!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it's a real gem! I will do my best to wear it out. Yes, I have a few bricks of .22 ammo in my stockpile to hold me over for a while. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thanks guys, it's a real gem! I will do my best to wear it out. Yes, I have a few bricks of .22 ammo in my stockpile to hold me over for a while. :biggrin:
You might want to grab a couple (dz) more.

I picked up my first 10/22 in the 70's. I bought a case of Remington HS at the same time, and shot that up in the first year. It's still going.

·
Registered
396 Posts
them guns are just plain fun, have a bunch of them, and amazing to me how they keep climbing in price, yrs back they could be had for well under a 100 bucks
am glad I bought a bunch back then too LOL
congrats on a fine gun
how does it group for you??

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Nice rifle slamfire! I bought one like it in '05 when I was working at Los Alamos, NM. I like the SS, and the longer barrel. Great shooters they are. Enjoy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very nice I am now in the process of deciding weather or not to hate you......Guess I will just say WELL DONE, looks like a nice addition to any gun safe. Be safe and enjoy shooting.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
them guns are just plain fun, have a bunch of them, and amazing to me how they keep climbing in price, yrs back they could be had for well under a 100 bucks
am glad I bought a bunch back then too LOL
congrats on a fine gun
how does it group for you??
Thanks! No complaints, off-hand it groups within 2 inches at 50 yards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts