Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MOF Friends,

First off, thanks so much for all of the Marlin big loop lever orders. Our CNC machine hasn't stopped cranking them out for weeks trying to keep up with it all. You all are the best! :congrats:

NEW PRODUCT - RPP RHINO RAILS: Precision Machined, Adjustable Rails for Marlin Lever Actions Are Built to Last, Improve Accuracy Under the Harshest Recoil

Today, we're introducing our new RHINO receiver rail scope mounts. They're precision machined and designed from the receiver up for Marlin lever action rifles. These low profile receiver rails offer improved bore to optic positioning and have extra length for more mounting options.

The RHINO rails come in two sizes:
1) Marlin 1894 Rail

2) Marlin Multi-Fit Rail for 336, 308, 338, 444 and 1895

Every RHINO rail comes with four T15 Torx screws and a Torx star screwdriver bit. Available in the online store for $39.

RHINO rail feature highlights include:

· Rails are machined from 7075 aluminum so they’re twice as strong and with much improved stress-corrosion resistance as other receiver rails made from 6061;
· Corrosion resistant, mil-spec, non-reflective finish won’t interfere with sighting in any conditions;
· A set of four self-centering T15 Torx drive screws resist cam-out and offer the most stable and repeatable bond between rail and receiver;
· Contoured bottom provides unshakeable stability on slightly domed Marlin receivers;
· Twice the recoil lug contact improves accuracy by eliminating scope movement under the harshest recoil;
· 10 MOA cant for increased elevation adjustment;
· See-through channel allows for line of sight with back-up sights; and
· Accepts all picatinny and Weaver rings.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Questions on your big loop. Do you round the inside of the big loop like the Wild West? Or is it as cut?

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Questions on your big loop. Do you round the inside of the big loop like the Wild West? Or is it as cut?
Thanks for your interest in our levers. Our loop is not as tall as WWG and for good reason. We thought they were too tall (creates an odd lag, droops down lower than the profile of the rifle), and had less room within the loop for fingers (we added more room before and aft, I have big hands). Ours are also a true "drop in fit" part that takes 5 min's to install vs. the hour or more others charge for installation. Our three big loop levers come as shown on the website.

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
27,407 Posts
Folks, awhile back Adam sent me a Rhino Rail to critique and yes, it was free. And since it was free some people might think I could be biased but honestly, I could find nothing to critique as the engineering, finish, laundry list of features and robust quality built into this mount speaks for itself. And for that reason Adam sincerely deserves serious kudos.

This Rhino Rail is awesome! The only thing I mentioned is a personal preference for short rails being that is what I'm used to. Though the more I think about it I like this length for several reasons. One being the length affords mounting your scope further forward than you can on shorter rails. Obviously, beneficial to those with a short LOP.

Adam also mentioned they are working on offering a back up sight upgrade that will not interfere with even low mounted optics. And should your optic fail, or fog up, or for whatever reason, quick release your optic and your back up sight keeps you in the hunt. Best of all, Adam is able to retrofit these optional back up sights into all his rails. He really does think of everything.

Yet, I have to say one of the slickest features is the self-centering torx drive screws and accompanying wrench which eliminates concern with R&R and maintaining zero which is a great feature. And it works brilliantly.

As some know I like to mount my optics as low as possible and the Rhino Rail is slightly lower than what I've always used being Weavers 63B rail. And with all the extra features the Rhino Rail offers it's a slam dunk, IMO.

This one will be used on my 338MX as soon as I make up my mind on the scope for it. Honestly, this rail offers so much value for the money, I'll be using this rail on all my Marlins going forward.

Jack

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Folks, awhile back Adam sent me a Rhino Rail to critique and yes, it was free. And since it was free some people might think I could be biased but honestly, I could find nothing to critique as the engineering, finish, laundry list of features and robust quality built into this mount speaks for itself. And for that reason Adam sincerely deserves serious kudos.

This Rhino Rail is awesome! The only thing I mentioned is a personal preference for short rails being that is what I'm used to. Though the more I think about it I like this length for several reasons. One being the length affords mounting your scope further forward than you can on shorter rails. Obviously, beneficial to those with a short LOP.

Adam also mentioned they are working on offering a back up sight upgrade that will not interfere with even low mounted optics. And should your optic fail, or fog up, or for whatever reason, quick release your optic and your back up sight keeps you in the hunt. Best of all, Adam is able to retrofit these optional back up sights into all his rails. He really does think of everything.

Yet, I have to say one of the slickest features is the self-centering torx drive screws and accompanying wrench which eliminates concern with R&R and maintaining zero which is a great feature. And it works brilliantly.

As some know I like to mount my optics as low as possible and the Rhino Rail is slightly lower than what I've always used being Weavers 63B rail. And with all the extra features the Rhino Rail offers it's a slam dunk, IMO.

This one will be used on my 338MX as soon as I make up my mind on the scope for it. Honestly, this rail offers so much value for the money, I'll be using this rail on all my Marlins going forward.

Jack
I'm in the same boat Jack, I need to get a new scope too, and fully agree with your opinions on the RPP Rhino. The quality of machining is top-notch, and can tell this is one tough rail mount as well. I can't see how anybody would be disappointed, ha!
Thanks for the ring recommendation too Adam... :biggrin:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Still didn't answer my question. Is it sharp like the Marlins lever or smooth like the Wild West lever inside.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Can't wait to see your backup sights Adam!

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still didn't answer my question. Is it sharp like the Marlins lever or smooth like the Wild West lever inside.
Sorry, our levers are radiused on all the handling edges, so no sharp corners.

AD

·
Administrator
27,407 Posts
Thanks. I can't wait to work on them. We've been crazy busy!
I can't wait for you to work on them either. As soon as you're done I'll send you this rail for the retrofit. :top:

Jack

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Jack
Jack, I'm honored by your appraisal, and certainly appreciate your post. While I enjoy getting credit as much as the next guy, it's worth mentioning that I have a great team here at RPP who also deserve credit. I'm not going to give them any, but they probably deserve some:biggrin:. Seriously though, we are growing fast, and without Patrick, Kimberly, and Taylor (and many of you here) that couldn't happen. We work and play as a family, and want to grow and protect RPP's reputation for our heirs, so yeah, we put a lot of thought and pride into everything we put our name on. Always nice to have that recognized.

We think we've got a great optic mount here. Hope y'all enjoy. Happy hunting!

AD

·
Administrator
27,407 Posts
Adam, I'm not one to sugar coat my opinions on new products. So many products serve only a manufacturers gain of a new SKU to sell. And all too often new products only offer a single solution to a problem at best. Not so with your rail. You and your team must be smarter than average tacks and had a think tank on this product to come up with so many problem solving solutions in one product. And your execution of building the finished product is top cabin.

So the honor is mine and I felt some serious kudos were due. :top:

Jack

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Hi MOF Friends,

Today, we're introducing our new RHINO receiver rail scope mounts. They're precision machined and designed from the receiver up for Marlin lever action rifles. These low profile receiver rails offer improved bore to optic positioning and have extra length for more mounting options.
I've mentioned this about the Williams Ace in the Hole sights - many Marlin receivers bulge where the barrel has been inserted. I know this is an issue on my 1894 because it had to be carefully shimmed to maintain axis alignment. If it sits square on the receiver and doesn't extend past it'd likely be ok. If it extends past and you have the bulge then the front rises. You can use a steel straightedge and see the gap - if I remember right mine was .013" or so.
Just curious if y'all examined a range of Marlins for this "feature".

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've mentioned this about the Williams Ace in the Hole sights - many Marlin receivers bulge where the barrel has been inserted. I know this is an issue on my 1894 because it had to be carefully shimmed to maintain axis alignment. If it sits square on the receiver and doesn't extend past it'd likely be ok. If it extends past and you have the bulge then the front rises. You can use a steel straightedge and see the gap - if I remember right mine was .013" or so.
Just curious if y'all examined a range of Marlins for this "feature".
BubbaJon, thanks for bringing this up. We've certainly seen our share of Marlins, but this is an oddity I haven't noticed yet. If it exists on even 1 in 1000 rifles it's worth addressing though. I will tell the robot to stop messing about and do it right next time. If anyone gets a first-batch rail and has this issue, we'll be sure to take of them with a fix.

AD

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Adam, I'm not one to sugar coat my opinions on new products. So many products serve only a manufacturers gain of a new SKU to sell. And all too often new products only offer a single solution to a problem at best. Not so with your rail. You and your team must be smarter than average tacks and had a think tank on this product to come up with so many problem solving solutions in one product. And your execution of building the finished product is top cabin.

So the honor is mine and I felt some serious kudos were due. :top:

Jack
Our "think tank" more often resembles a drink tank. Weekends, we like to get out to the farm as often as possible. We sit under the patio roof most of the day (interspersed with brrruppp bruuppp dirt bike noises) and shoot until the sun sets, then take up drinking and grousing about whatever didn't go right (or congratulating ourselves on the things that did). Either way, drinking and talking guns often turns into a late night, semi-besotted bull session on new product ideas, strange caliber conversions, you name it. All the while hoping the pesky, deer-feeder-raiding raccoons will present a target of opportunity in the night vision scope. Dangerous stuff. Somehow the process works. The part where we work out all the details is less free wheelin', but still a lot of fun.
AD

·
Super Moderator
9,319 Posts
Excellent looking scope rail. This appears to be an improved upon version of the old Weaver 63 or 63A which was much longer than the current 63B.

Not always is there a need for a longer rail but its a heartbreaker to get all your components mounted on a rifle and find you could use a bit more forward room with the scope. This rail is cheap insurance that any combo will be adjustable to the fullest.

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excellent looking scope rail. This appears to be an improved upon version of the old Weaver 63 or 63A which was much longer than the current 63B.

Not always is there a need for a longer rail but its a heartbreaker to get all your components mounted on a rifle and find you could use a bit more forward room with the scope. This rail is cheap insurance that any combo will be adjustable to the fullest.
Thanks! Sounds about right. Weaver, EGW and the others just didn't hit the mark for us. We knew we could make something better. 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

1 - 20 of 53 Posts