Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I'm in the "No more Dick's" camp after their shameless attack on our gun rights. Havn't set foot in the local Dick's (less than 20 miles away) store since they cleared the AR's from their shelves. We are blessed with no less than three local gun stores within 25 miles of my house that will negotiate to within about 5% above cost for most new guns and they are fair selling used guns. Let's keep the Dems from ruining our freedom and choice. VOTE!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes I do. DON'T BUY ANY GUNS FROM DICK'S!!! Why give money to a company that is paying lobbyists to take away our gun rights? I'm surprised Ruger is still allowing their firearms to be sold to them since many other manufacturers no longer allow it.

This right here. DICK'S HATES US, If the guns were FREE, I still wouldn't take one from them. They will NEVER get another dime from me for anything EVER

·
Premium Member
14,312 Posts
This right here. DICK'S HATES US, If the guns were FREE, I still wouldn't take one from them. They will NEVER get another dime from me for anything EVER
If you'll do some serious investigation, you'll find just about every old established "brand" of product/s are now own by a conglomerate company. These companies and banks, oversee/produce/manufacture/make/sell just about ANY product a human being can/does use. Your anti perspirant, cologne,shampoo,soap, dishwasher,TV set, car, , so on and so forth, are all paying to take your 2nd A rights, and a few other rights as well, every second of every minute of every hour, of every day. 365/7.

So you've already been supporting the very people who want to strip us of our 2nd A...and you've been doing it for many years. You just didn't know it. We all have.

The enemy has been well hidden to the "average Joe". The advent of personal computers and the internet are going to help change it, unless it too, becomes a part of the swamp.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
I wouldn't go into a Dick's if I had to use the bathroom and I was five miles from a McDonald's. I have a list (continually being updated) of businesses and products I boycott by not spending a penny on them. And don't even get me started on HollyWierd actors/actresses.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you'll do some serious investigation, you'll find just about every old established "brand" of product/s are now own by a conglomerate company. These companies and banks, oversee/produce/manufacture/make/sell just about ANY product a human being can/does use. Your anti perspirant, cologne,shampoo,soap, dishwasher,TV set, car, , so on and so forth, are all paying to take your 2nd A rights, and a few other rights as well, every second of every minute of every hour, of every day. 365/7.

So you've already been supporting the very people who want to strip us of our 2nd A...and you've been doing it for many years. You just didn't know it. We all have.

The enemy has been well hidden to the "average Joe". The advent of personal computers and the internet are going to help change it, unless it too, becomes a part of the swamp.
You are right, it cannot be totally avoided but the difference is most of those guys aren't advertising their disgust towards us. If they come right out and say it.....well they don't need to tell me twice.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That is a very nice rifle, T.R. I particularly like the way they finish the hardwood stock to look so much like walnut. Even with the plain grain this shooter would have a hard time passing that one up. I have had a 10/22 for years and really love it. I got clear magazines for mine so I could have a sure quick check to see if it was really unloaded. I had one round hang up in the black factory magazine one time. Even after working the action the round was still there and I just happened to look into the top of the magazine and see a round hung up. I haven't trusted them since. It is a fine rifle, though, and extremely popular for a lot of reasons. We forgive you for buying at Dick's this time. Let us know how it shoots with the scope and all.

·
Premium Member
14,312 Posts
You are right, it cannot be totally avoided but the difference is most of those guys aren't advertising their disgust towards us. If they come right out and say it.....well they don't need to tell me twice.
But what they're doing is worse than "speaking out about it". They are the ones supplying the money to back the entire anti gun movement, as well as convincing banks to not offer credit accounts to local gun shops. Think about that for a minute. And you'll see that it's worse that what Dicks has done/is doing.

If the OP found the rifle he wanted for the price he'd hoped for...I don't blame him for buying it at Dicks. I quit shopping there myself. But if they'd had put their AR 15s on sale for 250 bux (instead of destroying them), I'd been there buying at least one........

The gun owning community will do better to stop buying their neccessities from anti gun conglomerates and their subsidaries. Stop banking with the banks withholding credit line from gun stores. That'll hurt the anti gun movement a lot more IMHO.

·
Registered
74 Posts

It’d be impossible to avoid every business that doesn’t share our views, philosophies or values. That said, we can make choices and those choices will be balanced between the strength of our convictions and our willingness to sleep with the devil.
One thing that makes my attitude towards Dick’s easy is that they are far from the only game in town. I try to leave my heard earned dollars at my LGS whenever possible.
Supporting anti’s will eventually lead to more restrictions, higher prices and more gubmint interference...choose your poison gentlemen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
We have to hit anti gun stores in the wallet. As others have Posted, I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's no matter what the price. Its bad enough I have to buy things from Wal-Mart, but only items that are at the lowest price I can find within close driving distance. Strictly a low budget decision. Sometimes reality stinks.

Mike T.

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
I like Ruger 10/22s, I hate Dicks. I spend enough time posting on the Liberal Left pieces of dog poo. I would like to see more gun related posts. The OP acknowledged his mistake. Let's more on and talk some gun stuff. The horse is dead.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I like the 10-22.
I will look in on dicks every now and then.
Last time was a few years ago? i thunk.
But i got 4 boxes of 16ga waterfowl steel ammo for cheap.
Put it this way if i had bought it at cabelas or BP or LGS would have been over $100 just for the 4 boxes.
I paid $10 for 4 boxes steel waterfowl ammo 4 boxes of 444marlin 2 ftx 2 superformance total $60.
$140 in savings on one trip just to see what was what where.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
I have had 2 10-22's & shot about jillion rds out of them, they are lie the old Timex take a lickin keep on tickin.

Reactions: MidBigWest
21 - 37 of 37 Posts