1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411089109.233490.jpg
Hello everyone
New member here
Michigan just passed a new law allowing the use of rifles with certain calibers in the southern part of the state. This area was previously "shot gun only". Basically the new law allows rifles that fire calibers .35 or larger, have a "straight wall", and have a casing length 1.8" or smaller. When I heard the law had passed I could not see myself hunting with a shotgun while knowing I could use a rifle. So I took my slug gun to my local gun shop and traded it in on a new 1894 in 44mag. I absolutely love this gun!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411089850.083670.jpg
This was my first trip to the range. Pulled the gun out of the box and loaded up with hornady 240 grain XTPs. These two shots were with iron sights from 50 yards. The shot on the right was fired first, made one adjustment, and the second shot was in the "bullseye". Not bad for "out of the box" accuracy.
Plan on putting a scope on this week and trying out some buffalo bore ammo. Nothing compares to the feel of a lever action rifle. There's just something "American" about it!!!

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Forum, and congrats on the new rifle!:congrats:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Welcome to MO and congratulations on your new rifle and your opportunity to use it. You will find lots of support here.

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

Thanks for adding pictures

·
Registered
20,272 Posts
welcome from east tx! those hornady xtp's work really great. i dont think you need anything else & by the way, if you traded your shotgun for a 1894 44 mag, you came out ahead on that deal! :congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Welcome to a state of complete enlightenment. Well, we feel that way and we're always right. :)

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Howdy from Alaska!

·
Registered
44 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Texas. I worked in Ohio one time and I went into a gunshop and they had one high powered rifle and the rest were shotgun slug guns. Being from Texas where it is the other way around I was lost, I kind of wandered around. Ha.

·
Registered
20,518 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
15,447 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.
A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
welcome from sc friend, that's a nice shootin iron you got there.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome aboard! And nice shooting :tee:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from your neighbors to the south, NE Indiana. Try some Winchester White Box aka WWB in 240 grains in that 44.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the "warm welcome" fellas. I've been hanging in the shadows for a few weeks on this forum doing research. Learned a lot of valuable info so far. I gotta feeling with the legalization of these rifles for hunting in states like Michigan and Ohio, you may see a big influx of new members to this forum. Couldn't think of a better group of guys to "mentor" us "newbi's".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts