Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Welcome to you Motto from Cali........did you only try one type of factory ammo......and if so......which one.....was it HP or other??

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Are you inverting your gun trying to chamber a round? If so it won't work. Are you using reloads? Anything over 2.55OAL probably won't work either. Sorry, need a little more info what your doing.

Reactions: oh-behi and moofy07

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to you Motto from Cali........did you only try one type of factory ammo......and if so......which one.....was it HP or other??[/

ive tried every angle another thing I noticed the faster I work the lever it seems to work better it hangs up when I rack it slowly I also took the lever and bolt out cleaned everything still not working like my other 1895 gs

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it hanging up in the chamber? Or it the rim having a hard time slipping underneath the extractor?
Try getting it to jam, ease off the lever, and then gently lift up and try and slide the cartridge underneath the extractor. f thats the case you might have to tweak the extractor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To me your pictures look like a tight extractor is stopping the cartridge rim from fully seating on to the bolt during the feeding phase. Pull up on the extractor to relieve som tension and I believe you gun will start feeding properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts